Less drying test recipe #2

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

UnScented Arizona

Reaction score
Trying to make a less drying bar by reducing the Coconut oil. Recipe #1 reduced it by 5% and #2 is down another 5%. #1 felt a little less drying but not enough to keep making it. Increased the lard by 50g fyi.

All in Grams. Remove one zero to get percentages. 1000g total oils.

600 Lard
100 Coconut oil 76
150 Olive Oil
100 Sunflower oil
50 Castor oil
272 Water
136 lye
5% SF

Any suggestions appreciated. We have hard water. 600 to 800ppm.

Soap on!

My recommendation for the next step is to put it through a soap calculator. Check your Cleansing and Conditioning factors to see what they are, proceed with a small batch (200-300 grams), label soap; then repeat with other variations, each time labeling. Then you will have different versions to try and see what you like. People's preferences are different, so what I like might not work for you.

My recommendation for the next step is to put it through a soap calculator. Check your Cleansing and Conditioning factors to see what they are, proceed with a small batch (200-300 grams), label soap; then repeat with other variations, each time labeling. Then you will have different versions to try and see what you like. People's preferences are different, so what I like might not work for you.
ok. Sounds like a good plan. Thanx.

Latest posts

Back