wrapping round soaps

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Does anyone use coffee filters for round soaps? If so do they come in colors by chance. Or has anyone dyed them and how did that work for you. I was thinking of matching wrap to scent i.e rose with a pink wrap.

I would love to master this technique and am utterly clueless about how to achieve those beautiful swirled wraps. Tried a couple of times and it looked like one of my cats had just been clawing the filter around. Honestly, any kindergardner could have done better. What is the secret?

I use coffee filters and the key is to take it slow and work around in a circle.

IMG_0135.jpg

Looks great! I have a few circular ones I was wondering how I would wrap. Great idea. Love the name of your soap by the way! ;)

Looks great! I have a few circular ones I was wondering how I would wrap. Great idea. Love the name of your soap by the way! ;)

My sister started an apron company years ago, called Not Your Mother's Apron. She started to branch out into B&B because of allergies to commercially produced products. And I love soaping and there is no way I could ever use as much soap as would like to make... It seems like a match made in heaven to me.

Although, things are definitely not at a point of selling, yet. This was really just a mock up.

Actually the key is Duct Tape. Get a roll slightly bigger than your bar. Place on flat surface put filter over it and soap over that and push down, then close it up. All done no muss no fuss.

That is a great tip, thanks!

Beautiful round soap, too. Love the coffee filter look!

Like the idea of using something to hold the filters in place. I was thinking of using muslin to wrap my soaps. I have a ton left over from making rag dolls so I wouldn't have to go searching for it. It's cheap anyway. It would be thicker than a filter of course, but a stitch or two may hold it together pretty well. Any thoughts?

Why don't suppliers come up with something to wrap round soaps and oval, too? I can see where they couldn't come up with wraps and boxes for every possible soap shape but round & oval is very popular. I have to say I'm not really impressed with a lot of the boxes I've seen. White and kraft is pretty boring unless you really jazz them up.

Last edited:
I know it would make my life easier since all I do is round. I like the boxes but the do not have windows in the square ones. :( Also looking at different papers to wrap but there again it is not cost effective for time. You have to make your own circle first then wrap it. Way to time consuming for me.

You can make your round wrappers using a coffee filter as a pattern. Just trace around the filter or use a computer graphics program to make a circle and enlarge it on the paper of your choice. Cut out the circle and put the soap in the center. Pleat the paper wrapper as you go around the soap. Tape it in the center after the soap is covered and add a sticker.

These in the photos just look great. I guess a coffee filter is worth trying. I've actually scrapped the idea of buying round silicone molds because I thought of packaging being hard but maybe not.:smile:

Back