Wood wicks

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FOhoarder

Reaction score
I'm just starting to tinker around with making my own candles and I'm very intrigued by these wood wicks. Anyone use these or have used them? Are they easy to work with? Any input is greatly appreciated!

:| Never heard of it. This does sound amazing though, so I'd love to give it a try.

Welcome to Woodwick Candle Shop co.uk, the first and only authorised website totally dedicated to Woodwick Candles in the UK.

We have the widest selection of Woodwick available on-line and usually ship your order the same day. Made of sustainable Soy Wax for a long, slow and clean burn, these lovely candles are made with an organic wooden wick which creates the soothing sound of a crackling log fire.

I prefer to use wood wicks over cotton wicks, but that's just my personal preference. I do like the fact that they make a slight fire crackling sound as they burn down and I think the burn radius is more even. The wicks I use do tend to discolour non dyed wax slightly but that could just be the ones I use and I find that most of my customers prefer the wood wicks. They are just as easy to work with but in colder weather while the candles are setting they can make the top of the wax crack in a line on either side of the wick which is fixed easily enough if it does happen.

Back