Pillar candles

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

welderskelter

Reaction score
I have bees and started making candles. Not a candle burning kind of guy but always into something to make money. I made some beeswax dipped candles and they burn good with no dripping. No problem. But I poured a two inch pillar and it only wants to burn a spot about an inch and a half wide. Shouldnt it burn all the way to the outside? Never burnt candles so I am DUMMY ON THIS. Please help. I used a 60 ply flat braid cotton wick.

Last edited:
But I poured a two inch pillar and it only wants to burn a spot about an inch and a half wide. Shouldnt it burn all the way to the outside? Never burnt candles so I am DUMMY ON THIS. Please help. I used a 60 ply flat braid cotton wick.
NOT a dummy!! Candlemaking has a HUGE learning curve.
Beeswax is a very hard wax and I don't think a cotton wick on a diameter anything larger than an inch will get hot enough to burn right. You might need something that burns hotter than that.
HTP wicks are great for beeswax that are larger than tapers. Try an HTP105 for that size. It will probably burn better.

Do you sell your dipped candles? Curious as I was looking for some to buy made with beeswax. Not too happy with the ones I got bit they were the least expensive ones and are doing the job. They seem to have a cotton wick and can be hard to light

Latest posts

Back