What soapy thing have you done today?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
GiGi....those are great! I love the designs you used. Did you design the box yourself or did you find a template somewhere?
http://www.soapmakingforum.com//www.pinterest.com/pin/create/extension/

Deedles TY :) the box design is based on an envelope punchboard design I saw in a YouTube video, I just adjusted the size and the score/fold lines to make it a size suitable for my soaps. I modified the flap design from the original box design to suit what I wanted to do with the only two rubber stamps I own LOL. I've had the book of 12x12 cardstock from a clearance bin for a bit and it seemed a good way to use it. I'm debating adding something else to them,but haven't decided. Will post when I do :)

I made soap with my daughter today!!! She wants to learn (yes, another addict in the house!!) I let her measure the oils, pick the color and scent (NOT the lye, I did that) but I did gear her up and let her run the stick blender a bit. We hp'd the soap so she got to see the changes, then she mixed the colors. Ok so here's where it got interesting - black and chrome green. She blobed it in the mold so it will look like some bizarre camo!!! she picked lime and lemon with a hint of orange...... I couldn't tell her it might not stick without...... Oh, she doesn't care..... This is her soap so we went with it. Hopefully she will want to do it again!!!! But really, black and green!????????? Lol!!!!!

I just finished pouring salt bars. This time I followed advice from the forum and i think these will be lovely :) I even used imported salt from France. (I dont really know if that matters lol) ImageUploadedBySoap Making1448254523.120772.jpg

Attempted flame soap. It got way too thick fast... Interesting to see what it looks like lol. Does anyone else's back hurt after making soap?

I did nada, unfortunately. Last night at work sucked, was worn out and stressed out when I got home, so took forever to fall asleep. Woke up tired, cranky, and wanting to be left alone.

Then I went to early thanksgiving dinner (she won't be home for the holiday) at my cousin's house and was reminded that no matter how crappy a day you have, there's always something to be thankful for.

So I splurged and spent $20 I can't afford on new silicone spatulas for soaping (my dollar store ones came apart), some funnels, some plastic strainers, and a bottle of eucalyptus EO. Not a big haul, but a happy one :)

uploadfromtaptalk1448263893189.jpg

Nothing soapy since my last try at the drop and skewer. And I probably won't have time to do anything (except maybe wash some soapy bowls and spatulas) until after Thanksgiving :(

Rebatching some raw goat milk soap. Trying out my fancy new molds... 1L milk cartons :mrgreen: I really like the shape of loaves that come out of milk cartons.

Nothing soapy since my last try at the drop and skewer. And I probably won't have time to do anything (except maybe wash some soapy bowls and spatulas) until after Thanksgiving :(

Now that the deadline has passed, can I tell you that yours was my favorite? I just loved the colors and how they swirled!

Made spearmint soap for a special friend, and lemon soap for me. I'm a little nervous how the lemon will/won't stick - used a combo of lemon myrtle, 5x lemon eo and litsea. When the lye hit it the scent just exploded like a thousand lemons sliced at once!

Berry bliss soap cupcakes. And cinnamon&orange soap cupcakes. Will do some bath bombs in the evening.

after about a month of no soaping, in Oct, I finally made a shave soap for our house and it came out GREAT! I love to use it as a female too. I made three bowls and used peppermint and Orange EO in it.

Then, this week I finally caught up with life and had time/energy and a clean kitchen and wanted to try the hidden feather technique from the October challenge.

Here is the result. I have a home made wood mold with sides that open up and I have never mastered exactly where to place the ends for the right sized bar and the right amount of oils. Then add that mess to the fact that I haphazardly made the dividers out of cardboard with no regards to length....So my feather is short and stout bars and not hidden cause I didn't have enough soap batter! I have taken a lot of notes and will try again....someday when I have the time/energy and clean kitchen!

IMG_2474 by Angie price, on Flickr

I got in my soap supplies order today :D

I ordered some silicone moulds (loaf and surprisingly tiny slab...I need to make an other order for a bigger slab..), and lots of scents.

It's a bit late, but I decided I still want to make some more soap for christmas gifts (I'll make sure to tell people to wait with using them for x weeks).

The scents I got are all from brambleberry.
My first impressions (oob) are as follows:

Grapfruit and lily = Love, people say the lily is more present, but oob I definitely feel there's more grapefruit. The grapefruit smells more realistic than Grapefruit Bellini.

Vetyver = Love. There's a hint of vetyver, but it's not overwhelming (like the actual essential oil).

Holiday Candy = Tolerate, smells like I'm channeling my childhood...or sour gummy worms.

Kumquat = Love (but oob it's similar to Energy)

Vanilla Forest = Love. Can't describe what I smell atm though. But there is some vanilla among other scents. Not too much.

Karma = Tolerate/Okay. It's super manly, very spicy. I can smell lots of black pepper. I bought it originally to make some massage bars, but it's way too overwhelming for that.

Pear = LOVE LOVE LOVE. I already finished 10ml of it in bath oil earlier in the year, and I feel like I can't live without this scent anymore...So I decided to get a big bottle so I'll be set for some time:) It smells just like jelly belly's pear flavoured jelly beans taste. Does that make sense at all?

Spiced Apple Cider = Tolerate, it's a huge disappointment as there is no spice, just overripe, sweet apple.

Moroccan Mint = Love/Tolerate, it reminds me of toothpaste foam, kind of like Colgate, when I stop and give it some thought. But if I don't, it's just a lovely minty smell.

Baby Huggies = Hate. Absolutely hate. I didn't realise this was trying to emulate the huggies/baby wipes experience :( Not sure what to do with this scent... I doubt I can easily sell/trade it here in the Netherlands, but I don't want to waste oils and use it for soaping. So I'm stuck with 50ml... I might need to give it a second chance though.

I'll probably review these a bit better later on, once I've been able to get a few more whiffs and use them in soap/lotions/etc.

I'm contemplating on placing another order to get the bigger slab mould, apple jack peel fragrance oil (hoping it's more spicy apple), another more grown up lavender scent and the christmas forest one, because I got a soap sample with that scent and it smells divine!

And so my venture into brokedom, thanks to soaping, continues.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back