What soapy thing have you done today?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Read a whole bunch of tutes on the spoon drop method this morning. Thinking I will give that a whirl for the bubble gum scented bar I'm trying to get made - still trying to get the colors right. Last batch was way too light (and I forgot the FO), and the drop swirl + swirl didn't show up at all. Soap making is scheduled for Thursday, so lots of time to change my mind lol!

I made a batch of soap for the holidays in a christmas tree scent from BB. I love the smell and this batch turned out great! Each batch i see my improvement! I still cant get the swirling down but im mainly concerned at getting high quality soap during my green horn phase :)
I tried using food coloring but the color disappeared. The soap still looks great. I can share ics after i cut it later today. Peace!

Trimmed edges and made up two buckets for tomrorows soaping...

and I also confess to using the top of the freezer as a flat surface. Watch out it doesn't get damp if you leave a cardboard box on it and the a/c is off.... *guilty*

I had a busy weekend. Over the 3 days I:

• Trimmed and stamped a batch of soap
  • Made a batch of my fall LE shave soap
  • Made my first attempt at the monthly challenge.

Made Coconut Milk & Activated Charcoal Facial Soap Bars that happen to look like cute little cakes! Very happy how they turned out haha. You can also watch a vid of me making this batch if interested

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lDdSSw_EK6Y[/ame]

DSC04425.jpg

I thought about soap and showed a friend a photo of my "challenge" soap. And I thought about soap some more. I need to get home and suit up for some fun. But I've still got a bunch of pots to wash from applesauce.

Wish you were at my house tonight when I was trying to pipe my top. In the end I plopped and spoon sculpted.

Aww lol. Did the piping took too long to get thick? I think your soap log is pretty big so when cut so they will be nice big bars! Is your batch scented? Once cut I bet they look lovely!

Aww lol. Did the piping took too long to get thick? I think your soap log is pretty big so when cut so they will be nice big bars! Is your batch scented? Once cut I bet they look lovely!

I couldn't get it thick enough. In hindsight I should have walked away and come back in 29 minutes. This is the biggest batch I have ever done in this mold. I think they'll still have a good hand fit. I scented the green with lime and cinnamon eo (sounds strange but in the right ratio its like lime pie) and the white I scented with Peru balsam and just a touch of benzoin. I wanted a vanilla type smell without discoloring.

Just popped more beer in the freezer in ice cube trays and set out more to de-carbonate. On a side note, if you have kids and are trying to de-carbonate beer, they are excellent helpers in stirring the snot out of it to get the bubbles out :D

3 days off the real job this week leaves me lots of time to soap! Beer soap, pet shampoo trials, and I'm trying out a paw and nose salve too.

Set up my drying shelves in ........the living room. This was a three hour furniture rearranging ordeal, trying to decide what would look the best (it is the main part of the house!). Ended up taking apart the small wire bookcase and using the shelves for expansion on the big wire bookcase. Now I have to relocate the turtles so I can have......more room for soap! LOL

One benefit of wire shelves: Cats won't try to climb up on them!

Ended up not having enough needlepoint canvas to cover the racks...so couldn't relocate all of the soap yet :(:think: Might have to make a shopping trip today....:mrgreen:

Now I think after a load of laundry, I'm going to masterbatch a few rounds of soap and then decide what scent is next.

I've hired a local woodcraftsman to make some soap decks for me, along with custom sized slatted crates, a couple soap displays, and a new toy box (coffin size) for my daughters ever-expanding crafts and toys, and I am crocheting 50 pairs of matching washcloths for my event in March. So, trying to do at least a few things every day!

Just popped more beer in the freezer in ice cube trays and set out more to de-carbonate. On a side note, if you have kids and are trying to de-carbonate beer, they are excellent helpers in stirring the snot out of it to get the bubbles out :D

3 days off the real job this week leaves me lots of time to soap! Beer soap, pet shampoo trials, and I'm trying out a paw and nose salve too.

My child would tell me it stinks... and stir a little too fast. Good tip though. She's asked if she could help quite a few times.

My child would tell me it stinks... and stir a little too fast. Good tip though. She's asked if she could help quite a few times.

My 8 year old especially likes to help... he helps with stirring beer, making ice cubes, setting up, measuring oils. Then they get kicked out of the kitchen (when I'm soaping at home) when the lye comes out. They're allowed back in to decorate the tops of loaves once they're poured (with oats, dried flowers, etc).

My 8 year old especially likes to help... he helps with stirring beer, making ice cubes, setting up, measuring oils. Then they get kicked out of the kitchen (when I'm soaping at home) when the lye comes out. They're allowed back in to decorate the tops of loaves once they're poured (with oats, dried flowers, etc).

I think I will wait until she's a bit calmer to pour oils but I can have her practice reading out numbers.

Absolutely nothing. Haven't done anything this week, and don't think I'll do much next week either (I'm having soap making withdrawals, ahhhh!)
There's a local Pakistani market right down the street from us, so I think next week my goal will to at least go in and browse their spices and see if I can add anything into some soap at some point.

Latest posts

Back