What soapy thing have you done today?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cut 2 loaves of coffee soap. Have them curing. Bought a "new" shelf for my soap room, and spent yesterday (snow day) making bath soak ("salts") for a show this coming weekend. Still have 2 batches of soap to wrap and label, and then to make sure I have everything gathered up that I will need.... It will be a busy week.

Cut my CP Lavender/lemongrass 2lb loaf.

Has anyone any ideas how to cut soap with inclusions (lavender flowers) that doesnt cause them to drag thru soap when being cut?

Tried wires, oiled knife and flat cutter. Have to plane/trim it, which takes a bit of time.

Cut my CP Lavender/lemongrass 2lb loaf.

Has anyone any ideas how to cut soap with inclusions (lavender flowers) that doesnt cause them to drag thru soap when being cut?

Tried wires, oiled knife and flat cutter. Have to plane/trim it, which takes a bit of time.

I'd start a new thread on that, with pictures if possible. A quick answer might be to cut it sideways rather than upright, if that makes sense.

Batch of two desert plants/bushes ground and infused:

------------------------------------------------------

SAM_0844.JPG

SAM_0842.JPG

making a custom shampoo bar: acv + beer as my main liquids. added some coco betaine too for a bit of a kick.

Washed out my lye and soap bowls, my whisks and spoons, waited patiently for my order. And yet it has not come! It's been 12 days, Brambleberry! Really? How are my friend to celebrate Christmas without my little smellies?
Sigh ...

Washed out my lye and soap bowls, my whisks and spoons, waited patiently for my order. And yet it has not come! It's been 12 days, Brambleberry! Really? How are my friend to celebrate Christmas without my little smellies?
Sigh ...

Yeah, I quit ordering from them. Prices aren't bad, but the shipping costs were way high. Then I got tired of waiting 10 to 14 days to get my order.

I feel for ya.

I made Seduction and Menta Y Rosa soap. I'm making another one right now... Mediterranean Escape.
ImageUploadedBySoap Making1416453809.233109.jpg
seduction has a sweet grapefruit scent. Menta Y Rosa is fresh mint from the garden and rose petals for the slight aroma of rose flowers.

Made a sweet grass soap today, and a funky combo that the husband requested with star anise and lavender. All the swirling. Alkanet root for purple and black clay for well, black.

The sweet grass was requested by hubby too. He bought a bar of this soap at a local cigarette shop and it has such a fresh, green smell to it. Fresh. That's the only way I can describe it.

So I bought a sweet grass fo to try. Because I thought maybe that would be close?

I do like it. It's softer than the bar hubby bought but I wonder if it's a blend with a "fresh cut grass" kind of smell. Either way, house smells great. I love that.

As always, can't wait to cut.

I'm terrible at waiting.

Cutting is my favourite.

So I bought a sweet grass fo to try. Because I thought maybe that would be close?

I do like it. It's softer than the bar hubby bought but I wonder if it's a blend with a "fresh cut grass" kind of smell. Either way, house smells great. I love that.

My daughter wanted the sweet grass for her birthday (MP) soaps. I am so sick of that smell! I considered making a CP, but can't quite bring myself to do it yet. Heh. I might though, based on your rec ;-)

As far as what I've done. Not much. I'm still working on cutting that beer soap. One slice a day, still drag marks? Wait til tomorrow. . . I'm re-organizing a corner of my garage, because I have too much soap curing inside, and need a place for my soap. And, as always, reading up on stuff here.

My daughter wanted the sweet grass for her birthday (MP) soaps. I am so sick of that smell! I considered making a CP, but can't quite bring myself to do it yet. Heh. I might though, based on your rec ;-)

Out of the Bottle, I wasn't a huge fan... I was like "Oh, this is really powdery, honey you won't like it at all." But once I CP'd the smell changed to something I like. I am very impressed with the smell...the powder toned down a lot.

The only thing I didn't like - was that it behaved like Wintergreen.... (Which for me always seems to....like crystalize? when I pour it in....Does that make sense?)

So I had to stick blend it to break it up and make sure it evenly dispersed through the soap - THEN, it started to set up pretty darn quick (5 minutes in the mold it was already gelling) so I would say this particular FO really sped up trace... So in the future, I will only blend to a light trace..

BUT texture was perfect on the top for doing fancy tops - I didn't, because they're too annoying to wrap...but it would have been perfect for someone wanting to do peaks, or something.

And what I'm doing today? Cutting... then making more soap. I have to run and grab some more Lye (but this means I'll have to put on pants, like real pants so I might put that off for a while...) - I really should go back to buying it 25kg at a time... no need for pants then!!

(And just looked out the window - hubby took my truck to work today...so guess I'm housebound. I'll make soap till there's no lye. Then I will cry... :( And maybe do more soapy things that don't involve Lye....

OR.... I do have that nice big bucket of Potassium Hydroxide that my Soap-friend-Sue gave me..... so maybe I'll actually try to make some liquid soaps??

Ah... I'll be productive first, then I will scour the liquid soap forum... so pretty much I'll be back in a few hours...

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back