What soapy thing have you done today?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, I’m stuck at home today with a wine-tasting-related injury (Yeah, I’m making that a thing.)
I often have beer-tasting-related injuries (mostly because I'm naturally clumsy + beer tasting = apocalypse). My current injury is from last night, I bit through my tongue... while hanging a shower curtain and chatting with my hubby... don't ask. It was a weird night.

I've had soap cupcakes on the brain for a few months now, so I decided to host a soap cupcake themed challenge this month. Hopefully I will have time to play along (I can't enter but I can be inspired, right?), but I have to portion out tallow and cocoa butter so that I can master batch oils. Sigh... I said I wasn't going to make soap this month....

I finally got around to making some salt bars. Unmolded them yesterday. Made 3 good size batches. All turned out awesome. I tried a couple batches with powdered salt as I was gifted a bar and loved it, so had to order some. Took forever to get here. Now to let them cure. Will try to remember to get some photos.

Want to participate in the cupcake challenge, trying to decide if I have time.

Dustin had a long nap this afternoon which allowed me to make the soap posted above... And he slept more or less early tonight too so..

I made confetti soap! I realized both my confetti soaps were HP so I wanted a CP one hehe
_20190403_233319.JPG

I haz sum swirlz... Lolz

Last edited:
Oh, you mean the mischievous alligator in the upper left corner? o_O Are you saying you didn't do that on purpose? :cool:
Lols nope. That was me not knowing what to do with the thickened batter in my containers after doing the swirl :p

I like mischievous alligator.. My son said it was a dinosaur footprint *rolls eyes*

I forgot to line my mold...........

LOL - I thought it was a footprint too. Is that not a silicone mold?
It isn't. Good news is it slid right off. Bad news is a ton of ash lol I'll post cut pics soon :)

What do you all do with excess batter that's not enough to mold somewhere else? It was taking me too long to scrape everything before I could swirl, I was worried it might thicken.

I have a few single bar molds that come in handy for just that purpose, but use your imagination and look around for plastic containers that might work. :)
Yeah I have singles too but my leftover wasn't enough to make half an ice cube so the alligator reared its head lol

Black soap above unmolded and pics posted here :)

Yeah I have singles too but my leftover wasn't enough to make half an ice cube so the alligator reared its head lol
Hahaha.
Oh, well, in that case, I just clean my spatula off on the soap dish at my sink then roll the soap in my gloved hands and smoosh it into a small disc for testing. "Waste not; want not" as my mother would say. I quite like those small samples to use as the rest of the batch is curing. ;)

Got everything ready for my third attempt at a corner pour.

Hopefully third time's the charm.

No additives and I'm gonna hand mix the heck out of this even if it takes me all afternoon coz I don't want a repeat of the last two times when I could barely pour....

Edit: I think I did it!
View attachment 38070
A few of you might notice what big mistake I made lol
Dear friends, I have this soap cut n posted over here, but I need some help figuring some things out. After my very first posted soap here, this is probably the second weirdest soap I've made, in terms of feel and texture of the bars.

And here I thought I was done with this swirl lol

Latest posts

Back