SMF June 2023 Challenge: Layers!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OMG! I can't believe how gorgeous all the soaps are so far! There's four tied for first place already! I won't be able to get photos of mine up until the weekend, because it's dark when I get home from work so I can't take pics then ( bear in mind it's winter here). But mine aren't up to the standard of ANY of those already posted. Just WOW people!

@CLMP I had another thought 😊. For personal use, I wouldn’t have a problem with using an FO that’s safe at a very high usage rate to “top off” a problematic FO in order to bring the total up 5%.
Hi Thanks so much sorry I have been busy making soap again I was making soap for 12 hours lol oh I hope this batch turns out for the challenge. I will keep that in mind when mixing them. Today I mixed a EO with a FO it smells really good I read on line that if you mix a EO that has trouble sticking the scent, that if you mix it with a FO the scent will stick better in CP soaping so I tried it I hope it works right now it smells amazing. @Mobjack Bay .😀

Oh my, WOW I just went to check out the amazing entry's they are so nice. I wonder how the Dragonfly sticks on neet. I NEED TO SEE MORE ENTRY'S LOL.😂 Mine will be ready tomorrow.

To compare, a Tiger Swirl soap I made about a year ago that my entry was SUPPOSED to resemble.

View attachment 73100

My entry soap was my second go at the design. My first attempt, the colors were all wrong. The top, to quote my hubby, looked like “baby poop.” With that feedback, I had no choice but to break my “one and done” rule.
Hahaha husbands are so "helpful", eh?

So I finally posted my entry just to let everyone know they can go check it out. The Entry's are so wonderful I can't believe how you guys make whole scenerys like that. I hope I can do that someday! I went shopping to calm my nerves till my soap was ready lol. So here is a pic of one of my challenge attempts. I also would like to say this FO is good for doing some swirling and it smells really good I hope the scent sticks. 2 FOs I found for swirling that I love I'm finding out the scent is fading. This soap is my Apple Crisp I used a Apple pie FO from Candora and mixed Colloidal Oatmeal. I also drizzled soap on top to look like caramel. It's pretty nice too.
IMG_20230618_141732.jpg
IMG_20230621_194819.jpg

Someone kindly pointed out to me that I never announced in this thread, that the Entry Thread is open.

Sorry to any of you who didn't see that post. The good news is that you still have almost three whole days left to sign up (if you haven't already), make an entry (if you haven't already), and post an entry (if you haven't already).

Every entry posted so far is so unique, both visually and in the story behind it. I'm really glad that I'm not voting this month because no way could I choose just three. 🤩

But for those who haven't posted anything yet, don't be intimidated. You can enter a more basic soap that is beautiful in simplicity, too. In case you haven't figured it out, we just love soap pictures around here. 😂

Back