Sale at Candle Science .99 for 1 oz

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I bought a bunch of them I havent tried before. I bought a few I have tried and really like, Like Clean Cotton is such a fresh scent. It behaves well and did not accelerate.
I bought Driftwood again because I thought it was one of the best smells for men in soap and the fragrance is a sticker. It does discolor to dark brown so don't waste your color on this one.
I ordered Pink Magnolia Blossom
Hydrangea
Oakmoss and Amber
Moon lake musk
Cotton Tree
Fig Tree
Eygptian Amber
Peach Nectar
Montego Bay
Mango and tangerine
SunWashed linen
Pomgranate
If anyone has tried any of these and know how they behave please post
I can't believe I bought that many.

Yay! I am so happy to have found this thread! I scored some awesome scents!

My order came! It smelled awesome! My favorites: applejack and peel, chardonnay, Hymilayan bamboo, and blackberry vanilla. Im not in love with: day at the spa, very vanilla, and I don't care much for basil and herb. But the scents might morph and I might like them better! Unfortunately I neglected to see that the lavender chammomile is candles only, but it will go nicely into an air freshener or my little oil warmer tea light thingy-that smells good too!

Mine came too! It was was like smellolympics at my house today! Heehee

The only one I really didn't care for was the Nag Champa. It might morph when soaped or maybe it's like patchouli--love it or hate it. Who knows. Not crazy about the Very Vanilla either. Might be nice when soaped, though. I completely hate BBs Turkish Mocha fragrance oil out of the bottle, but it's pretty nice and completely different after about a week of curing.

I really liked the baby powder, black raspberry vanilla, white tea, lavender cucumber sage, lime cooler, Egyptian amber, and driftwood. I think the Egyptian amber was my favorite. Love love love it. I hope it soaps well. My daughter really loved the love spell-type and birds of paradise. I'm really happy with pretty much all of them. I hope they soap well.

Mine came today too, a day early. I have a feeling my mail lady might have snatched it from the incoming mail to take it out today. She knows I <3 packages and I live in a small enough place we all know each other. :)

I LOVED the Chocolate Fudge. Smells like melting chocolate, or hot cocoa. Also loved the Himilayan Bamboo.
Also liked Black Raspberry Vanilla though I feel it's a bit faint
Coconut, coconut lime = suncreen
Love Spell = Strong. Liked but not loved it.
White Tea and Berries = Yummy and Strong
Green tea and Lemongrass = very faint.
Mediterranean Fig. Sweet, but flat .Might mix it with the black raspberry vanilla.

I got the Fudge Chocolate, too! :) And I bought Oakmoss & Amber and it is outstanding.

I would have loved to get some of the Oakmoss and Amber. Please let me know how it is in CP, because I might have to pick some up eventually...

I got mine yesterday afternoon.
I love the Peach nectar oob
Moon lake musk is okay but not as good as Eyptian Musk from NG oob
I hope I like Montego bay better soaped. I am not impressed oob and same with Pink Magnolia Blossom.
I like the Hydrangea. It is very floral though
I got 4 oz bottle of the Oakmoss and amber because everyone say it is good. I like the fragrance and bet it smeels even better soaped.
Love the Pomgranete
Love, Love the Fig Tree
Mango and Tangerine smells aweful oob. I may have to blend that one
Love Cotton Tree.
Eygptian Amber is okay but not that strong oob. I may like it better soaped
Sunwashed linen smells crisp and clean like a shampoo fragrance
I have yet to soap with a Rose FO but I got the Golden Rose and it is really a nice soft rose smell oob. I am looking forward to trying it.
Beach line smells a little perfumy but I think I will like it soaped
I will let you know how they behave and stick when soaped in CP
I think I may have to make soap today

I haven't tried Candle science since I made candles years & years ago, does anyone know if they give IFRA's for their fo's?

The IFRA isn't linked on the website, but I've never heard of anyone being ignored or not given the file when emailing for it. In fact, I'm emailing right now for the IFRA for the three or four of theirs that I am using.

What's IFRA?

I meant to say IFRA certificate. But, it's a safety certificate that shows the safe levels that the fragrance oil can be used at in different products due to the components that make up the fragrance oil.

If you want to learn more about the IFRA
http://www.ifraorg.org/

There are a few fragrance oil suppliers that have the IFRAs right on their websites, so it's easy for the customers to find. Like NGC, BCN & WSP has the IFRA certificate under each fragrance oil.

Yeah, I wish CS would just list it. I mean, they can obviously DO it since they do have the MSDS sheet up for a lot of their FOs but not the IFRA cert :(

Ok, scratch that. No one has ever said anything about this before but I just got my reply. Never heard of anyone getting this reply before. I suppose I will just go elsewhere then.

Hi Vanessa,

I'm sorry we do not provide the IFRA certificates for the individual fragrances. We have worked to ensure that all of fragrances are IFRA compliant.

Thank you,

Heather
CandleScience Support

Back