Help me out with a name?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I live in a suburb called Forest Lake! Funny you should come up with that.
@Babyshoes yes it does smell like petrichor
@dmcgee5034 - the reason I thought of Lake Erie is because I imagine a great body of water with forest around it. I looked up the other Great Lakes and I didn't like the names as much as Erie. The lake vibe came up because of the colour I guess - but I really want a 'fresh forest' kind of name.

So no go on Petrichor or Lake Erie? I quite like Alpine Forest too thank you @AliOop
Fresh Woods

I have decided on Alpine Forest because it conjures the smell of the forest with the colours of the soap ( snow covered trees) and so it blends both colour and smell perfectly.
Thank you everyone! And thank you @AliOop for the name suggestion! :winner:
Fresh Woods
A name has already been selected.

Ok, now *I* read Cool Refreshing Gentle Nipples 😂 😂 😂 😂 😂

I'm getting slap happy, must be wine o'clock.

Yeah....me too 🤣....again & again LOL

Every single time I see the word RIPPLES in this thread, my brain keeps processing NIPPLES....note to self: I will not be using the word RIPPLES in any of my soap names for this reason 😁

I used to live on Lake Erie. The major city there, Cleveland (Ohio) used to be called the “mistake on the lake” because it was a heavily industrial, big, dirty, grey city. It was (and is) nonetheless a great city with the world class Cleveland Orchestra, magnificent museums, and a rich cultural heritage. However, Lake Erie was grossly polluted and people were advised not to swim in it and dead fish washed up on the beaches in droves. In fact, the Cuyahoga River, which empties into Lake Erie, was so polluted with industrial waste that it actually caught on fire. So, with that notorious past, I say no Lake Erie even though Cleveland and the Lake have made a fairly successful come back.
So what about “Enchanted Forest”?

I have decided on Alpine Forest because it conjures the smell of the forest with the colours of the soap ( snow covered trees) and so it blends both colour and smell perfectly.
Thank you everyone! And thank you @AliOop for the name suggestion! :winner:
I used to live on Lake Erie. The major city there, Cleveland (Ohio) used to be called the “mistake on the lake” because it was a heavily industrial, big, dirty, grey city. It was (and is) nonetheless a great city with the world class Cleveland Orchestra, magnificent museums, and a rich cultural heritage. However, Lake Erie was grossly polluted and people were advised not to swim in it and dead fish washed up on the beaches in droves. In fact, the Cuyahoga River, which empties into Lake Erie, was so polluted with industrial waste that it actually caught on fire. So, with that notorious past, I say no Lake Erie even though Cleveland and the Lake have made a fairly successful come back.
The name has already been selected, post 38. See above - Alpine Forest.

I have been to Cleveland, but never left the hotel/conference centre to see its surrounds. When I lived in Kentucky, I was a member of the Sweet Adelines - Lexington Chapter, and we went to Cleveland for a huge competition with Sweet Adelines from all across the nation. We won best small chorus award : )

ETA : Baritone, before anyone asks.🎶

Gitche Gumee
"The legend lives on from the Chippewa on down
Of the big lake they call 'Gitche Gumee'"
That was my first thought. Great song.

Thank you ☺️
The technique is called OPW (One Pot Wonder) you can search it on here - we had a challenge using this technique in 2022.
@NewlyCreative, definitely try the one pot wonder. Very easy technique and one of my favorites.
Beautiful soap @KiwiMoose.

I have been to Cleveland, but never left the hotel/conference centre to see its surrounds. When I lived in Kentucky, I was a member of the Sweet Adelines - Lexington Chapter, and we went to Cleveland for a huge competition with Sweet Adelines from all across the nation. We won best small chorus award : )

ETA : Baritone, before anyone asks.🎶
I was wondering how a Kiwi would come up with Lake Erie. My experience of the lake comes from the PA side. During the winter it brings us "lake effect snow" and can shower us with literal feet of snow!

Latest posts

Back