Sale at Candle Science .99 for 1 oz

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marilyna

Reaction score
I haven't ever used their FOs, but I saw on another board they have their 1 oz FOs on sale for .99. There are a bunch of them reviewed on the Soap Scent Review board. Just thought someone might be interested.

I'm resisting myself, since I'm trying to limit myself to two FO suppliers. So hard!! Nothing more fun than buying new stuff!! And that's such a good price!

Their Black Raspberry Vanilla is wonderfully tart. Their Creme Brulee is THE best, to my nose. Their Fruit Slices is pretty much the best I've used, though most companies all tend to smell the same on that one. I can't think of any other FOs of theirs that I tend to stick to.

With CS, you have to be more careful about which ones are candles only and which ones are safe for bath & body use. They do tell you, but a large percentage of their oils are candles only.

Any suggestions on ones that work in CP soap? They all sat bath and body but no indications of what works in CP.

Scroll down under the descrips of each scent and there are some soaping reviews, not just candle.

Any suggestions on ones that work in CP soap? They all sat bath and body but no indications of what works in CP.

Here are the ones that I've used and liked from CS:

Love Spell-dream to soap, slows down trace, takes a bit longer to unmold, but worth it. Smells like every other Love Spell I sniffed and it's cheaper, so it's my go to Love Spell.

Mediterranean Fig- This is great! It's sweet but earthy. Soaped like a dream, had time to do different colored layers.

Fig Tree- Also smells great OOB, haven't had a chance to soap it, but it gets good reviews.

Montego Bay- I like this, but there is a lot of cedar to me. Not necessarily a bad thing. It soaped easy, smell has definitely improved with age. Almost like a Bay Rum with a lot of cedar.

Sweet Pea- like this one better than Peak's, but I haven't smelled anyone else's.

Lavender- This is what I want my Lavender to smell like, a bit medicinal, but I'm good with that. Soaped easily.

Oakmoss and Amber- YUMMM! Manly/unisex smell, no discoloration, slight acceleration.

Honeycomb- I loved this one, but sadly it's been discontinued. :(

Ones I wouldn't use again:

Lavender Cucumber Sage- FADED away to almost nothing. It also smelled strongly of Cucumber to begin with, very little lavender.

Sex on the Beach- smells great OOB, but faded after a couple of months.

Rainwater- don't bother. It accelerates/rices and doesn't last. Way too floral for my taste as a "rainwater". Take that with a grain of salt as I don't like overly floral scents.

Cucumber Melon- smells okay OOB, but fades. If you want a plain Cucumber, Econocuke from Sweet Cakes sticks around forever. It's a bit of a pain/accelerates, but does last.

Hope that helps! For the ones that work well, CS has great prices.

I got a 7 scents I believe and they threw in a 8th for free! With shipping I spent under 15 bucks! I'm okay with that, and hubs okay'ed the purchase...so...I think thats probably my birthday present ;) No more sales posts pretty please?? :)

Yeah, I know the feeling, I love and hate sales posts ;-) I run my purchases by my partner, so I know what it is like to get the okay from your husband :) I hope you enjoy the new scents!

Um, yeah. I ordered 23 of them this morning. There's something wrong with me, I think. HAHAHA

But seriously, $.99 each? If I'm going to buy a crapton of samples, now is the time, right?!? :)

I only paid just over $30 with shipping. Can't wait until they get here. It'll be like Christmas!

I wish I had the money to spend, or I would be buying a crapton of them right now also. As it was, I spent money on my account that I would rather not have spent, because I can't do any soaping without a scale. I can make soap without scent (or with the scents that I already have), but I can't make soap without the scale, so I spent the money. Oh well, hopefully they will have this sale again when I am not so broke :)

Um, yeah. I ordered 23 of them this morning. There's something wrong with me, I think. HAHAHA

But seriously, $.99 each? If I'm going to buy a crapton of samples, now is the time, right?!? :)

I only paid just over $30 with shipping. Can't wait until they get here. It'll be like Christmas!
I had a cartful, but cut it way back! I've only used one FO in soap so far and it was in HP so it didn't give me any trouble...so we shall see! What scents did you get Amy?

Chardonnay
Lavender Chamomile
Day at the Spa
Himalayan Bamboo
Black Raspberry Vanilla Type
Apple Jack and Peel
Very Vanilla
Basil and Herb

I spent more on shipping!

I had a cartful, but cut it way back! I've only used one FO in soap so far and it was in HP so it didn't give me any trouble...so we shall see! What scents did you get Amy?

I haven't used many FOs either--I've been working mostly with essential oils and love them. I've been wanting to try some different FOs ones, though, mostly because I know a lot of people who really like the fruitier and nature-type scents. And there are a few I'd like to maybe try blending with some essential oils. I don't know. We'll see. Here's what I ordered. My 11yo daughter helped me pick them out. :)

Chardonnay 1 oz.

Black Raspberry Vanilla Type 1 oz.

Bird of Paradise 1 oz.

Egyptian Amber 1 oz.

White Tea 1 oz.

Cucumber Mint 1 oz.

Clean Cotton 1 oz.

Baby Powder 1 oz.

Coconut 1 oz.

Amaretto Nog 1 oz.

Lavender Cucumber Sage 1 oz.

Driftwood 1 oz.

Very Vanilla 1 oz.

Sun Shower 1 oz.

Green Tea and Lemongrass 1 oz.

Himalayan Bamboo 1 oz.

Lime Cooler 1 oz.

Love Spell 1 oz.

Nag Champa 1 oz.

Oakmoss and Amber 1 oz.

Peach 1 oz.

Pink Sugar Type 1 oz.

I've never used FOs in soap (have used them in laundry soap and pail powders before). Off to see if they take paypal because I have money in there burning a hole in my pocket!

I have ignored this post on purpose because I just placed a nice order for more soaping supplies last week and it was a little expensive. After reading this post again tonight I must say that it's official....I am moseying on over to candle science to put stuff in a shopping cart! Lol thanks guys!!!!! :razz:

Latest posts

Back