Candle Science's Red Currant discontinued

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shasorre

Reaction score
I'm sure some have seen that Candle Science has discontinued their "Red Currant" FO. I asked them if they could tell me their supplier and they couldn't. I've googled and compared ifra's with other suppliers "red currants" and discussed this in my FB fragrance oil group and no one has a good recommendation for a replacement. I know I can get it duped but was wondering if anyone has any replacement recommendations before I buy 7 lbs worth that I probably won't use all of before it expires. Thank you for reading and for any help offered

Sweet Cakes also has a Votivo dupe. It has been a long time since I’ve used it, but I remember liking it.
Okay thank you so much. I didn't realize CS's was a votivo dupe. I guess I must've missed it in the description. I was skipping over all the votivo dupes when I initially went looking for a replacement lol

Okay thank you so much. I didn't realize CS's was a votivo dupe. I guess I must've missed it in the description. I was skipping over all the votivo dupes when I initially went looking for a replacement lol
I don't know if the CS was a votivo dupe. I'm sorry if my answer was misleading. Sweet Cakes does have nice fragrances, though. If you decide to give it a try, reach out and ask for the IFRA amount as they don't include that in their listing. All the FOs that I have asked about have at least 6%. bit I would want to make sure before buying, especially if you need a lot.

I don't know if the CS was a votivo dupe. I'm sorry if my answer was misleading. Sweet Cakes does have nice fragrances, though. If you decide to give it a try, reach out and ask for the IFRA amount as they don't include that in their listing. All the FOs that I have asked about have at least 6%. bit I would want to make sure before buying, especially if you need a lot.
Right before I read your response, another person responded and informed me that a CS Red Currant reviewer compared it to votivo so I already had that in my mind lol but no, you weren't misleading. And thank you for letting me know I can request the ifra from Sweetcakes!

I don't know much about this, but one of the reviewers of your fragrance said it's the best replication of a high end red currant candle. So looked it up and I'm guessing they're referring to the Votivo red currant. If so then scent memory could have something similar:
https://scentmemoryfragrance.com/products/winter-currant?_pos=1&_sid=8cb3b5b11&_ss=r
Thank you for pointing this out! I was starting to wonder if CS might have based their fragrance off of votivo but it wasn't listed as a "type" so I wasn't sure. But I went back and saw the review you're talking about and I believe scent memory is going to be the first one I'll try. Thank you again.

Glad it helped a bit :) I'm thinking about trying that red currant myself, it sounds delicious. I'm also curious if there would be a difference between the scent memory and sweet cakes interpretation. Let us know if you end up ordering from both! I've only ordered a few samples from Scent memory before for my small FO collection, and want to try Sweet cakes next.

Glad it helped a bit :) I'm thinking about trying that red currant myself, it sounds delicious. I'm also curious if there would be a difference between the scent memory and sweet cakes interpretation. Let us know if you end up ordering from both! I've only ordered a few samples from Scent memory before for my small FO collection, and want to try Sweet cakes next.
I will definitely follow up as soon as I can get my hands on it. If I don't like scent memory's, I'm trying sweet cakes next so when I get one or both ill post it on this thread! Thanks again!

So I got scent memory's Winter Currant and it's nice but not as bright as candlescience. It has basically the same scent profile but it's needing more brightness from the grapefruit and needs a little peach that CS's has, to give it that slight fruity note. I have those scents so I'm trying see if I can make a mixer that'll come close. I really want to try either WSP or Sweet Cakes if I'm not happy with the mixer. I'll have to ask for sweet cakes ifra before I choose but will update if I have any helpful news

Latest posts

Back