Sage and Cedarwood

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This was a faux funnel pour. Basically, it is using different colors and pouring each of them through a funnel into the mold for a few seconds and alternating the colors. So, you just keep alternating the colors until you are done with filling the mold.

I definitely think I will do log molds at some point in the future as well. I am trying to get a friend to make me a mold, I am just trying to figure out what materials would be best for it. I might just start with a silicone mold from Amazon as an inexpensive start. I also have been thinking of slab molds using various boxes I have laying around as well :)

Badger, if you go to Lowe's, they have a six foot furring strip for $2.00, or at least it's only $2.00 here. Furring strips are used as levelers, mini, joists, and as cheap wall molding sometimes. they are 1/2 inch thick, 6 foot long, and 4 inches wide. you can cut this down and miter the corners for a perfect wood fit. I am thinking of doing this as well since my box is wearing out. Also my birthday is coming so I'm hoping for a wood mold as well. :)

I found a furring strip board at Home Despot, er Depot for about the same price. It is 1" x 4" x 8' and if I can figure out the proper lengths to cut them to, I can get it cut there... I am not really good at woodworking, but I might be able to manage this. If not, I can get my friend to put it together for me most likely. She is a little better at it then I am. Happy birthday in advance, Melissa ;-)

Latest posts

Back