Post your Gripe

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hate on this site I can no longer X out of the ads on the side when using Chrome at work. I Do Not want to look at The Big Baby trumppo face. Nice to know that the ads are ramping up on him to get his face in the spot light.
I will stick to FireFox and not see this anymore so I will only have to be on at home :mad:

yes I know that this site does not have control over the ads

meh, I'm not playing with the settings, it will probably revert back due to the server crap.
Now it is all Chevy ads.... maybe some boobby is searching things and it ends up here ... just to irritate me LOL

I'm just glad I don't get ads. I don't get them at home, or here. In fact I don't get them on an forum I'm a member of, but I hear others are always having problems with pop-ups, ads on sidebars etc., That would drive me nuts.

I use an ad block when I'm on the computer.. On my phone I only on the top, and not all pages.

Gripe: the baby has a fever, nuff said

Gripe:
A few weeks ago, I finally took the plunge and bought a container of StarSan (IrishLass makes it sound like it's good for everything! ;-) Paid $60 CDN for 32oz (which will hopefully last forever). Within 12 hours of my ordering it, Amazon helpfully informed me that the price had dropped to $55. Within another 6 hours, it had dropped to $50. Not that Amazon was going to refund me anything; they just wanted me to know that everyone else in the world is going to be paying $10 less than me.
I haven't gone back to check since; I assume by now that they are giving the stuff away.

Gripe:
A few weeks ago, I finally took the plunge and bought a container of StarSan (IrishLass makes it sound like it's good for everything! ;-) Paid $60 CDN for 32oz (which will hopefully last forever). Within 12 hours of my ordering it, Amazon helpfully informed me that the price had dropped to $55. Within another 6 hours, it had dropped to $50. Not that Amazon was going to refund me anything; they just wanted me to know that everyone else in the world is going to be paying $10 less than me.
I haven't gone back to check since; I assume by now that they are giving the stuff away.
I would have called their customer service. I always have good luck with Amazon's cs. And as long as you are nice and not yelling/screaming they seem to bend over backwards to make you happy.
That has always been my experience anyway, and I will bet you they would have knocked that $10 off by either refunding or crediting your account.

Gripe:
Wow, that's really expensive.....even at $50.00! I think I will refrain from telling you how much less I pay for it locally or else I might see a shoe flying my way.

IrishLass :)

Waaaah EVERYONE is selling it for less than I paid. I saw it at OBK but they were sold out on the day I was looking. Probably came back in right after I clicked away. Amazon has since gone up $5 and it's probably not worth my time calling. Need to store up my reserves to call a different line on Amazon to find out why they keep charging my CC for a music service that I am not subscribed to that they refunded already once this spring, AND Rev Canada to find out why they rejected, then demanded, my HST payment. GRRRR.
(That's my new gripe :)

It's my son's birthday today, he's turning 5 and has been asking for a Paw Patrol birthday cake. I made him a chocolate cake from scratch and chocolate butter cream frosting. I was in a hurry and noticed a stick of butter in the fridge and grabbed that for the frosting, not noticing that it was GARLIC BUTTER. I accidently made chocolate garlic butter cream frosting for my 5 year old's birthday cake?! Aargh! The offending frosting has been removed and I will be making new frosting as soon as I can get the taste out of my mouth. And my hubby gets home with more dark chocolate.
OMG! Good thing you discovered it before you served it. I once made a pie with salt instead of sugar. That was a long, long time ago. Unfortunately, my BIL had a good mouthful before we realized what I’d done.

I use an ad block when I'm on the computer.. On my phone I only on the top, and not all pages.

Gripe: the baby has a fever, nuff said
Hope the baby is feeling better!

Last edited by a moderator:
Salt instead of sugar. My baby brother, (one of them as there are a few) once mistook a Tablespoon for a teaspoon and over-measured the baking soda in the cookies he was making. Ugh! What an awful taste for cookies! He has never lived that one down in 50 years.

I am not one for sugar, so often do not have any granulated sugar in my house unless I am actively preparing hummingbird feeders on a regular basis. So for one of my sons' birthdays when it came time to make koolaid, I only had powdered sugar on hand. Koolaid with powdered sugar ends up with little floaties on top (the cornstarch, I suspect). Not sure how it tasted to the kids, but I thought it tasted okay, but then again, I am not a sweets sugary type of person.

Gripe: The only thing to gripe about here in Hawaii is that the internet goes down every half an hour or so, meaning Hubby is having a hard time submitting a paper for a class he is taking. He already skipped one day's outing with us because of it and will be skipping today as well because the deadline for the paper is tomorrow. But my real gripe is that he procrastinated finishing the paper, and put himself into this position of his own free will and it irritates me that he can't admit that he is the reason the paper isn't done yet.

He's much better now but still cranky lol
And here I thought it's over.... After the fever came the rash.. He has HFMD. Hand, foot n mouth disease... We haven't slept well in days coz of the discomfort and to make things worse it looks like I caught it. I just hope we don't give it to anyone else, or I give it back to him.

And here I thought it's over.... After the fever came the rash.. He has HFMD. Hand, foot n mouth disease... We haven't slept well in days coz of the discomfort and to make things worse it looks like I caught it. I just hope we don't give it to anyone else, or I give it back to him.

oh that sounds horrible!!! take care of yourselves and I hope it doesn't effect anybody else

Latest posts

Back