My Daughter is really Sick

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am sorry I know you are all tired of hearing about my issues this year but I guess I just need to vent somewhere. Sadly all my friends who would have let me vent have passed.

I need lots of prayers again. My daughter is really sick again or maybe I should say still. Her platelets will not stay up and she is scheduled for sinus and jaw bone grafting next week. She had this surgery on the other side and now she has to have it done again. She woke up a week and a half ago and four top teeth fell out, and her sinuses fell out of place. The Sepsis she has been fighting for a few months now is back again and another round of transfusions has not brought up her platelets enough.

This long vent was started yesterday morning as of last night one prayer was answered, although we do not know if it will work her doctor was able to get her approved for an IVIG, Intravenous Immunoglobulin Therapy program, which are unbelievably expensive infusions that her insurance will only pay a couple thousands towards. He was able to get her in the program for just under 9k. This IV costs upwards of 40k, and it is known to help rheumatoid arthritis, Sjogren's syndrome, along with other autoimmune disorders. Right now the concern is to get her platelet count up and stable so her body can fight the Sepsis. Her doctor was able to get her qualified for the program with her additional autoimmune diseases so when and hopefully the sepsis clears she will be able to stay in the program. She is possibly going to have her first infusion next Tuesday. At least I finally have some hope of getting her well and possibly slowing this Rheumatoid. Sadly it was not soon enough to save us from tremendous dental work, but that is secondary to life. After all this, her Dad finally realizes she is not well, in all these years he has never believed it and just accused her of being a hypochondriac, sad it has taken this for him to finally wake up.

Well, that is my continued saga, oh yes and the house is still not on the foundation, 2 pieces sitting on the road, and 1 on my lot. It is so big they cannot maneuver it on my foundation, our contractor just did some more grading to make room to maneuver. Hopefully next week and hopefully next week Mom's house will close escrow. Praying for that too, since I need the money to proceed. We need the money for our well which is the last piece of our puzzle and we have it tentatively scheduled for the 1st of December or we cannot get it in until Spring. The Well company is shutting down for 2 months but he said he will try to get us in. We have to get up there to start helping our daughter to appointments, right now she has to rely on a friend who is older than us to drive her since her husband works such long hrs and sleeps as soon as he gets home. Poor guy work and sleep is his life, trying to catch up. Mining life is hard.

Has she been assigned a medical social worker to help her get some of the help she needs to cope with all these treatments/surgeries? I don’t know where you are but I know some places employ medical social workers to help people navigate the BS. I pray for your daughter and her husband and you and your whole family. Hopefully, this new treatment will work.

Latest posts

Back