What's your personal soundtrack today?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Primus....for your listening AND viewing pleasure 😁 😂

I was just showing my daughter primus songs. Right on

Yes! 🤣 Oh my gawd YES! This guy got the lyrics perfectly out together! 💯 :thumbup:

I well remember IRC groups that were 100% uncensored, true groups of REAL people getting together from all over the world, sharing ideas, thoughts, music, socially acceptable or not. Gate keepers making sure that members were legitimate members. Anarchists, hackers & similar groups of people were some of the most interesting, I tell ya :) You didn't even need to participate....so much to learn just reading people's thoughts, experiences & so on.
Irc chat was my favorite places to be. That and aol pool. We use to go irc raiding with full on attack scipts and nasty little tools. Was a blast having clan wars across multiple platforms. Gaining root to teenchat.com and yahoo rooms were some highlights of my early years online . Lol

Irc chat was my favorite places to be. That and aol pool. We use to go irc raiding with full on attack scipts and nasty little tools. Was a blast having clan wars across multiple platforms. Gaining root to teenchat.com and yahoo rooms were some highlights of my early years online . Lol

YES! You know what I'm talking about! That was before Google existed ✊ when we still had Netscape Navigator & hideous animated GIFs ruled websites everywhere! When IRC scripts did incredible things right before your eyes! LOL Back when the internet was still an amazing tool, not controlled by corporate thieves & pillagers....

In memory of that time.... 😢 😂

I am utterly SHOCKED that you know who Primus is! 😲 Then again, based on the music you've been posting, and the fact that you work driving around a chemical plant all night, maybe not so much 😁

YES! You know what I'm talking about! That was before Google existed ✊ when we still had Netscape Navigator & hideous animated GIFs ruled websites everywhere! When IRC scripts did incredible things right before your eyes! LOL Back when the internet was still an amazing tool, not controlled by corporate thieves & pillagers....
Yeah I think primus got big in the mainstream here in California when they did the theme song for South Park but were known before that.

I was listening to a lot of American punk and Ska at the time, along with rap

I had a moehawk up to 2002?

I was pretty anti establishment

Yeah I think primus got big in the mainstream here in California when they did the theme song for South Park but were known before that.

LOL that's right....they DID do the theme song for South Park! One of the few animated series I have ever watched...because who can't love Mr. Hankey the Christmas Poo 🤣 and Terrence & Phillip LOL

I was listening to a lot of American punk and Ska at the time, along with rap

I totally forgot about ska....punk has always been with me & in me....punk, industrial, anything related.... ❤️

I had a moehawk up to 2002?

I never had a mohawk, but I did have bleached platinum hair, a drawer full of fishnets, lots of stiletto heels & plenty of leather & *very* short skirts.... 😲 😂 Now, I'm a bushwhacker with a big hiking boots & an even bigger machete....and at night I work in IT LOL

Both my boys had mohawks growing up, with my oldest one having the most beautiful, impressive one which I used to braid all the way down his back....his elementary school teachers were not impressed....but were they going to argue with a mother decked out in leather, piercings, tattoos & fishnets?? 🤣 Funnily, my kids were the ones who were *not* running away from home or getting beaten by their parents, while neighbourhood kids always saw our house as a safe space where they could express themselves & be free from judgement ... subversive ... anti-establishment .... indeed 😏

I was pretty anti establishment

Lorrrdddd .... I don't think I have ever NOT been anti-establishment .... or NOT subversive haha 😁 Likewise my ancestors, right up to my parents & grandparents .... always push the envelope, because this is one of the things which drives positive societal change, for everyone....although rarely are the subversive of us loved or lauded as societal 'heroes'.... we usually get tortured, imprisoned or burnt at the stake for our troubles .... unappreciative %&#!s 🤣

Awesome track ❤️

And

Parents have always been known to project their own fears onto their kids LOL

I like Boston too! And The Kinks, The Ramones, Chemical Brothers, Audioslave, Ministry, NIN, Soundgarden, The Cult!! so so many....I seem to be being taken through different periods of my life which were very much impactful for me, which I am finding is helping me to work through some other personal stuff, but in a joyful energy 😊

Energy is definitely the key word....super high intensity dancing & really intense singing are off the charts for me right now....gotta be doing one or the other most days of the week, and often all day long, whether at home, in the car, in public - people don't know how to react when they hear / see others singing in public in non-formal / non-organized situations, which is an interesting phenomena. Try singing even to yourself in a post office lineup or somewhere similar, or even in your own car!, and watch how people behave....it's truly bizarre. As if: unless we are one of the 'famous' & being paid millions to do so, we have no right to be making ourselves heard in this way❓❓ Just make yourself unheard, unseen, acceptable, palatable, fulfill people's expectations.... 🤣 🤌 I have a more 'appropriate' set of fingers for expressing myself but am doing some voluntary self-censoring LOL

Always push the envelope! Defy expectations - your own & those of other people. Enjoy every gift you possess - you do *not* need to be designated as 'talented' by anyone to use your gifts - even if others judge you for doing so. You do not require anyone's permission to express yourself. These are the things which, later in life, we will regret NOT doing :)

Dance like ya got sand in your crack while you still can! :nodding: Sing as if you have the most beautiful voice on the planet....because you do! 😁
It is so funny, this is a few days old but I was just thinking about dancing. We are going to a resort in January and there probably will be dancing. I haven’t danced in public for many years. At this point in my life I don’t care what anyone thinks. I’m going to do what the music tells me to do. 😉 May be entertaining. I always sing in the car and love to catch people watching. 😂

One of my fave artists passed away over the weekend. I’ve been an April Wine fan since I was a little girl and this song first came out. Rest in Peace Myles Goodwyn.

Journey to the stars
Rock and roll guitars
I loved April Wine. Good memories. Sign of the Gypsy
Queen, Just Between You and Me, good stuff.
Yes, ma'am....shake yer moneymaker 😁
Ballroom blitz, Love Shack. I am loving this thread.
Welcome to the internet
Welcome to the Internet…. Funny and true! I just went to Netflix to watch Inside.

It is so funny, this is a few days old but I was just thinking about dancing. We are going to a resort in January and there probably will be dancing. I haven’t danced in public for many years. At this point in my life I don’t care what anyone thinks. I’m going to do what the music tells me to do. 😉 May be entertaining. I always sing in the car and love to catch people watching. 😂

Shake it, sister LOL 🤣 Seriously, shake yer arse, shake it again, and then shake it some more....and then even more....git yer arms up in the air, shake everything ya got that's shake-able....make an absolute SPECTACLE of yourself....that's exactly what I've been doing hahaha 😂

Yes, I have been belting it out in the car nonstop with my volume cranked to the max everywhere I go, and loving every second of it....we should be ENJOYING these bodies we have, rather than repressing them, as we've been taught...even more so us wimmens!...but actually, every single one of us....THAT is freedom & autonomy....

I've had people staring at me all of my life, whether for the way I chose to dress, the haircuts I allowed my kids to have, the seriously male dominated occupations I have chosen to work in (first audio engineering & then IT; one of my female cousins is a 6' 2" helicopter pilot - and so am I in stilettos haha :) get us together and 🔥 ), the way I express myself, the words I choose to use, the fact that I will not allow anyone to shush me - tread lightly y'all who dare to shush me 🤣 , you name it....if I wanna shake MY arse, I WILL! And I will do it whenever & wherever I please! MY arse, MY rules....

Know what is awesome about the people who stare? The looks of judgement - my god what is that woman DOING?, then of confusion - oh 💩 she KNOWS I'm watching her! & then the helplessness of oh-god-I-don't-know-where-else-to-look-bit-I-CAN'T-look-away! expressions on people's faces when they KNOW they've been caught staring! 😁I look them right in the eye & make it very clear that I don't care - my body / my life / my freedom .... and I hope they walk away & at some point do the same ❤️ We should all be singing & moving ourselves in whatever ways give us joy, on a daily basis 😊

So yeah....git yerself shaking yer thangs at that resort, and love every minute of it 😂 ❤️

This song reminds me of my freshman year in college (yeah, now y’all know how,old I am ☺️).

I gotta listen to it again, because it's been SOOOO long since I heard it...

Prodigy is *still* rocking my world right now 😂 My latest favorite from The Fat of The Land CD:

The lyrics:

I've got a word of thanks
that I'd like to say
for the way that I feel
today.
Got stacks, got stacks
stacks of chips on my shoulder
in everything I do
cuz I made, I made
I made the mistake

the mistake of trusting you

People like you just fuel my fire
People like you just do!

You liar!
You liar!
You liar!
You liar!

Yeah, my layers are thick
and I've got bad attitude.
Yeah that knife in my back
has fingerprints that belong to you.
Got a grudge, got a grudge
got a grudge that I'm holding
for as long as I live
cuz you lied, you lied
you lied to my face

and that's something that I can't forgive

People like you just do!

You liar!
You liar!
You liar!
You liar!

I think I just *might* have some anger I'm working out right now LOL but d@mnnnn I am having fun doing it, yes I AM! ✊ 😡 🤘 No use suppressing this stuff, work it out & have fun doing it 😁 Then walk away from it once it's released 😁

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back