New Firsts for Me

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Badger

Reaction score
Well, this soap is several firsts for me... it was my first time using a slab mold (cardboard box), my first batch over one pound (this was four), and my first sculpted top. As has been normal for me, I worried about reaching trace and mixed more then I should have before I split it up to add the colors for the swirl. By the time I poured it into the mold it was very thick. So, this is what the top looks like now...

FirstSculptedTop.jpg

Oh, Badger, you did it!!! Good for you!

Actually, I like the poufy top. You planned that from the start, didntcha? (Just say yes, Badger!) :)

You have every reason to be proud of your hard work.... --DeeAnna

The scent is Cranberry Fig. I am looking forward to cutting it and dreading it at the same time... I really hope it turns out okay!

Oh, Badger, you did it!!! Good for you!

Actually, I like the poufy top. You planned that from the start, didntcha? (Just say yes, Badger!) :)

You have every reason to be proud of your hard work.... --DeeAnna

Yep, I planned it all along :rolleyes: Thank you all for the kind compliments :)

I like it! It's very spring-like. The green color with the sculpting looks like leaves. Very pretty.

Looks great! I have the same problem of worrying about not getting trace! in the videos I've been watching about swirls and such they start dividing when the soap just comes together and everything seems to work out well..because I guess it starts to thicken quicker when you separate it into smaller batches.

Yeah, I have noticed a lot of the videos separate them right after they emulsify, and then stick blend to mix the colors, by that time it has definitely reached trace... this one was real heavy trace by the time I tried pouring for the ITP swirl, and even pouring from as high as I could the soap didn't break through the top of the base I was pouring into.

You're sure this was your first textured top? ;) Looks good! You did an amazing job! None of my tops look that nice. I'm still practicing. Can't wait to see the cut pics!! You did an awesome job!

Wohoo! I love it! It's beautiful and sometimes you can have the best looking soap that results from a soaping "accident", you never know until you cut it. Great job! :D:clap:

Badger, that's an awesome job...give yourself a pat on the head :) It's nice to get a thick trace for the top layer so you can have the great sculpt! I think it's lovely and you must be proud!

Latest posts

Back