Nailed it!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, I agree the technique gives the scent staying power. My ugly bars that didn't turn out as planned (looks-wise) smell divine because of the lavender slurry I used with the purple clay 🥰 I'm going to try a bar soon to see how it feels ~ it should be a rich one since it had lots of butters in it 😊
Ugly is in the eye of the beholder. Those look nice to me! I'm glad to hear you have success with this technique.

Ugly is in the eye of the beholder. Those look nice to me! I'm glad to hear you have success with this technique.
Well, I was trying to do a splash swirl with the main part of the soap being a light natural color (which got a bit too thick), then drop the purple clay slurry (which got way too thick), and some green clay (also a bit thick) so I tried to just stir it all together to blend it and the purple stayed chunky 🤣 but it was an interesting learning experience!

Love this, it’s gorgeous Zing. And I love that we have adopted the word “chuffed” (I never heard it before @KiwiMoose said it). In New England one might say “pretty psyched” 😄
Earlier today I banged my elbow and said "uffdah", I really did. I have no idea where that came from. I am blaming it on the subconscious influence of @Zing, @dibbles, and the other Minnesotans here. Sorry for hijacking the thread, Zing, it is kind of your fault though :)

Okay, those who know me know that this Midwestern Scandahoovian doesn't like to brag. And, that I can't make a nice top to save my life. But, not gonna lie, I'm pretty chuffed with my latest batch! Mrs. Zing requested an in-the-pot swirl, lavender scented so she got what she wanted. Normally, I cover the mold with plastic wrap and towels. But this time, I tried something new and after pouring, I put an upside down cardboard box over my mold, and then piled on the towels. Many thanks to those of you who provided me with the reassurance I requested. Colors were chosen to match our bath.View attachment 76072View attachment 76073View attachment 76074
Lovely!

Love this, it’s gorgeous Zing. And I love that we have adopted the word “chuffed” (I never heard it before @KiwiMoose said it). In New England one might say “pretty psyched” 😄
@Vicki C “chuffed” is one of those words that just feels good to say. I learned it decades ago, when living in New Zealand - and brought it home to 🇨🇦 😁

Okay, those who know me know that this Midwestern Scandahoovian doesn't like to brag. And, that I can't make a nice top to save my life. But, not gonna lie, I'm pretty chuffed with my latest batch! Mrs. Zing requested an in-the-pot swirl, lavender scented so she got what she wanted. Normally, I cover the mold with plastic wrap and towels. But this time, I tried something new and after pouring, I put an upside down cardboard box over my mold, and then piled on the towels. Many thanks to those of you who provided me with the reassurance I requested. Colors were chosen to match our bath
I love them! Great job!

It's snowflake mica from Bramble Berry. I use it on the top of almost every soap I make. Mrs. Zing wants the top to have bling.
I love that sparkly snowflake mica on top, it's just enough to catch your eye 🥰
I am curious about using mica on soap ~ does it rinse off in the shower or does it stick to your body like glitter does?

I love that sparkly snowflake mica on top, it's just enough to catch your eye 🥰
I am curious about using mica on soap ~ does it rinse off in the shower or does it stick to your body like glitter does?
I can assure you that if any sparkly glitter was sticking to me that that would be the end of that bar and the entire batch would be in the trash!

I can assure you that if any sparkly glitter was sticking to me that that would be the end of that bar and the entire batch would be in the trash!
No choice in our house, it's mostly sparkle arkle on nearly every batch, dh has no complaints or no soap.

Now sing, Zing - Soap puts a sparkle in your day - hummmmm. 😃

Talking to the guy with the pink bathroom, what's a little glitter here and there? Rock it like the blokey bloke that you are!

(all credit given to Ellie's Everyday Pine Tar YT video for that fun phrase)

Now that this batch has cured, we have started to use it. This is a quote from Mrs. Zing, "This is by far the prettiest swirl you've ever done." Please do not misunderstand me, I am not quoting her to brag -- but my reaction is what the heck? It's a simple spoon swirl. But my best? Really? The hanger swirls, my one Taiwan, hidden feather, not to mention my award winning Galaxy and Beach?! I know personal preferences are just that, personal, but she caught me off guard.

Now that this batch has cured, we have started to use it. This is a quote from Mrs. Zing, "This is by far the prettiest swirl you've ever done." Please do not misunderstand me, I am not quoting her to brag -- but my reaction is what the heck? It's a simple spoon swirl. But my best? Really? The hanger swirls, my one Taiwan, hidden feather, not to mention my award winning Galaxy and Beach?! I know personal preferences are just that, personal, but she caught me off guard.
I think it's quite lovely also 😍

Latest posts

Back