Nature's Philosophy

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

naturesphilosophy

Reaction score
Hi. MY name is Kristy, from New Jersey. I'm a Work At Home Mom who has finally taken the plunge into soap making. I have wanted to since my son was born. That was 14 months ago. I finally have the support from my SO to go for it and I'm so excited that my first shipment of oils came in today and he made me the mold I told him I wanted.

I'm going to be doing Cold Process with essential oils and spices/herbs for color, etc. I've also decided to make it my business venture and will have a shop on Etsy as soon as the first batch is cured and ready to go.

::crosses fingers::

carebear said:
HI there.

I'm in NJ as well.

Yay. I found a soap maker's meetup group and joined as well. I think it's based out of Paterson or Passaic...can't remember at the moment. IDK if anyone will ever actually meet up, but it's nice to know there are like-minded people close by. :)

Re: New to group and soap making

naturesphilosophy said:
I'm going to be doing Cold Process with essential oils and spices/herbs for color, etc. I've also decided to make it my business venture and will have a shop on Etsy as soon as the first batch is cured and ready to go.

Dear Girl, you have GOT to be kidding.

I'm moving your comments to a new thread and locking it.

I really hope I'm wrong, and if I am I will be the first to offer a sincere apology. But I think you're trolling for trouble and we've really had enough of that here.

Good day to you, and enjoy your soap.

naturesphilosophy said:
Deda said:
naturesphilosophy said:

Dear Girl, you have GOT to be kidding.

I'm moving your comments to a new thread and locking it.

I really hope I'm wrong, and if I am I will be the first to offer a sincere apology. But I think you're trolling for trouble and we've really had enough of that here.

Good day to you, and enjoy your soap.

I'm not exactly sure what you mean. If you mean mentioning that I'm going to start making soap for profit, I'm sorry if it came across as promoting something. I never planned on giving a link to my shop or anything. I just wanted to talk about issues that may come up as I venture into it and possibly get advice and later when I know more, give some to others that need it. I"m really sorry if it came across as "trolling".

You can promote your soap all you like once you know what you are doing. Thinking about selling before you have done your research is wreck less & wreck less behavior will not be tolerated. Reckless selling is a trolling topic. Once you have been around a while you will learn why.

Don't place your buggy before the horse & things will be fine.

Back