New Soapmaker

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slowmaker

Reaction score
Hello, I'm Amanda from Indonesia! Started soapmaking barely a month ago (joined a workshop) where my first made was lavender soap from 100% CO and 20% SF. Just tried this after past its 4 weeks curing, so far loving it and will definitely make this again šŸ˜
WhatsApp Image 2023-08-26 at 20.51.38.jpeg

Then I practice using old oils I had in my house and made this Pandan Soap that I may use only for dishwashing/laundry due the oils being past their shelf life. I extracted the pandan that I had the abundance of in my garden. The green color fades but the scent stays pleasantly even without EO/FO! It has a nice floral, vanilla-ish smell. Not the prettiest looking since the texture is a bit waxy and hard to cut with knife šŸ˜…
WhatsApp Image 2023-08-26 at 20.52.33.jpeg

And I was writing this, I just finished my 100% palm oil soap with aloe vera gel (also from my garden) substituting the water, with Pringles as the mold.
WhatsApp Image 2023-08-26 at 20.53.12.jpeg

I know as a total beginner, these recipes are rather experimental especially using puree and fresh extracts, which I read may make the soap not last for very long.. but I want to experiment with what I have at home already since I don't have much budget including buying variety of oils, EOs, colorants, etc. I don't own immersion blender yet, so I use milk frother and I think it works alright for small batch. So far got a long wishlist of other spices available at home that I want to try, including cocoa powder, spirulina, coffee, cinnamon, and turmeric.
Been lurking for some time here before finally creating my account, so nice to meet you!

Last edited:
Hi Amanda , Welcome to the forum , Happy to have you here with us.
Liking your two soap results .

Latest posts

Back