M&P embeds in CP > wrapping

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tanglewood

Reaction score
High humidity capital here...my M&P embeds are weeping. How do you wrap to prevent this? I hate to shrink wrap because of the CP, but what else is there?

I know the feels you are currently experiencing. It's been so humid here lately that i've had to move all my curing soaps to a completely different "sealed off" room. How new are the soaps that are weeping? In my experience my soaps only weep in the first month of their life if its humid out, after that they're totally impervious to it(i make fairly hard bars a lot of the time.)

Maybe try moving them to the coolest, driest room you can find for a while, gently blot the wet parts and then see how they deal with the weather in a month or so?

are you already using a low sweat one? i make my own base, and as far as i know, the difference b/w a normal vs low sweat is the glycerin content. i have lessened the glycerin amount in my base and i find it really helps with less sweating.

that aside, i would still wrap the soap coz of the mp in it. or, you could do the above, and regularly wipe the wet parts till it's no longer sweating.

Thank you both for your responses. The humidity is horrible last few days.....92% today! ugh! The soap in question was cut a week ago & yes I did use low sweat M&P. Also I have M&P embeds inside & on top. I'm thinking of adding a dehumidifier to my drying room as I have no where to move the soaps. Thanks again!!

Latest posts

Back