Honeycomb Soap ideas?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

peace-love-and-suds

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone had any good ideas for making honeycomb soap without using bubble wrap? Maybe something thin to line a log mold with?

I myself use bubble wrap to line my log mold for my honeycomb soaps. It's actually thinner than one might think and works great as a log mold liner. It's totally flat on one side so that it hugs flush to the sides of your mold, and you can buy it according to the bubble size you prefer. I'm not sure how you could mimic those concave honeycomb depressions without it. I've seen silicone honeycomb impression mats like this: http://www.decoratethecake.com/store/Ws ... sp?one=662 , but it looks like it would form convex impressions on your soap instead of concave depressions, which is fine if you're okay with that, but I myself think the concave depressions look more realistic. If you buy the impression mat, you'll want to be sure it's in a size that you can cut to fit your mold properly. With bubble-wrap, it's easy- I buy mine in a roll at the office supply store and I can cut it to fit anything.

The only other suggestion I have is to search the net to see if you can find an impression mat with lots of raised dots on it.

IrishLass :)

Back