Hemp soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I replace a bit of caster oil with hemp, never tried swapping olive for hemp.

I've kept Hemp Oil below 10% because it has a shorter shelf life and also is a very soft oil.

I use hemp oil around 8% as well. I typically use Olive Oil around 50% in my recipes and I would never be able to afford to soap with hemp like that!

I use hemp oil around 8% as well. I typically use Olive Oil around 50% in my recipes and I would never be able to afford to soap with hemp like that!

I think it's the other way around. Using hemp in that amount wouldn't be nice anyway. Hemp in higher percentages makes soap squishy and go rancid quickly.

So yes, you can always replace hemp with olive oil without a problem. Just be sure to use a lye calculator.

It does seem a little strange to ask though. It doesn't take more than a basic understanding of oils and the qualities they give.

But you're already selling...

Last edited:
You are mistaking serious concern for snarkyness.
Some of your statements on your website scare me, one in particular, as they show a lack of knowledge and experience too.

I'm sorry you don't see the danger in that and surely do hope it won't backfire on you, for the sake of you, your customers and the soap making community..

I was around when mods (including me) were still actively informing people on the dangers of selling too early each and every time.

Dagmar used to be a moderator on this forum. Everyone should be grateful she is attempting to help and share her knowledge.

For everyone's information

http://www.soapmakingforum.com/f21/drama-drama-drama-982/

I hate drama. There are plenty of other forums for those who thrive on it, but here we will be friendly and respectful to each other. No harassment of forum members/moderators will be tolerated. This is your warning - if you bring drama to the board you will be deleted/banned.