Heat & Humidity, Ruined Soaps?!?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

egirlxx7

Reaction score
The heat has been unbearable. My AC is not working. In the heat, my soaps have started to sweat (I'm know this not good) and I'm in the process of a weekly market. I purchased a fan to blow the cool air, but I don't think this is helping much.

I have noticed that some soaps that were packaged in shrink wrap seemed better off than the ones that had a cigar band. What I want to know is, are the sweated soaps salvageable or do I toss them..shred them... Is it ok to wait for them to dry up a bit, then just package them...what do I do???

Please let me know, thanks.

Last edited:
I feel your pain. I had a bunch of stuff in my dining room...mostly bubble bars and some soap, but it is all wet. (and I have AC).
Do you have a dehumidifier and a free room? Or do you know someone that has one? The fan may help, but it is all about getting the moisture out of the room!

if you have a room or some where to put u could use wet dri that they use for rv's when in storage. they draw the moister out of the air works good

You could use the water you collect in your new soaps. I think others have done this, as I *think* it is the same as distilled water?

Whatever you do...Do not rebatch them yet...they will still unmold wet!!! Do not throw in the towel! Remember that soapmaking began BEFORE the days of AC and dehumidifiers. I think you will be good as long as it is not a LONG term storage issue...
Maybe some more experienced folk can help out more?

Your soaps if made well will be just fine. My unwrapped soaps always do this when the weather turns hot. I've had luck putting them in paper bags by batch and under the bed until it cools down.

Hey everyone, thanks!!

what happened was my only batch of hot process soaps (a bastile) that were unwrapped seem the worst (a sticky) and some salt bars that I have are beading with bits of water. I had them (plus a few packaged soaps) out as I have a small show room, but I think I will pack them up in the paper bags and try that, my other CP soaps, I will shrink wrap asap.

Last edited:
If you shrink wrap your cp bars when they have moisture on them you'll trap the moisture inside with them which wouldn't be good. They will dry out again when the weather changes. The salt bars will probably fare the worst. I've had rebatches get really slick and sticky in high humidity - wonder if it's something to do with the cook, as you say it is worse with your hp batch. Interesting. Sending dry weather thoughts and empathy!

The funny thing is, its not all the soaps. My soaps that are curing, and ones that have completed their cure time, do not seem effected - This is why I say I will shrink wrap my cured ones (my display table is in a room which does have a window, although not too close).

Back