Any Interest in a Casual Challenge?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dibbles

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
With the official SMF challenges on a break, and Zany's recent post about finding a Scarborough Fair challenge - here - I got to wondering if anyone would be interested in an informal, no official rules, no voting challenge. A lot of the fun of the challenges for me comes from everyone attempting the same technique, or interpreting the same idea and seeing the results. If there is interest, I will start a new thread. I'm thinking something along the same lines as the Simon & Garfunkle idea. Maybe Bob Dylan or The Beatles or another artist/group with a large body of work. So - who wants to play with soap?

I like the idea of a casual challenge with a theme but please, no beatles. Maybe we could pick our own band but there has to be rules like they need to have x amount of albums.

How about just picking a song that has a special significance for you, and then share the memory. Or we were all 16 once, regardless of our ages now, so a song from that year. With or without a story (although I would like that). The representation could be just a fragrance, or a design. Keep it simple.

I love the idea of a soap inspired by a song with special significance to me. I have so many ideas! I'm totally in.

I think I already picked a song! Still have to work out how I'm going to incorporate it into a soap.

May I involve my granddaughter? As a joint project? I'd like her to pick the song, maybe from one of the musicals we saw in NYC or one of the musicals her theatre group has been focusing on lately. If she gets to choose the song, she would probably choose a lot of the design elements as well, but the actual work would be a joint effort and probably involve soap dough and MP. Would that be acceptable?

Last edited:
I like it but there are so many songs....... so many!

Do more than one!

May I involve my granddaughter? As a joint project? I'd like her to pick the song, maybe from one of the musicals we saw in NYC or one of the musicals her theatre group has been focusing on lately. If she gets to choose the song, she would probably choose a lot of the design elements as well, but the actual work would be a joint effort and probably involve soap dough and MP. Would that be acceptable?

Of course you can do this with your granddaughter - that would be awesome. And any type of soap is fine to use.

I'll probably step on some toes here but you asked.
I think they are terrible musicians, there isn't one song that I like. I just can't understand why they were so popular.

No toes hurting over here Obsidian! To each their own. I like The Beatles, and Here, There and Everywhere was playing when I walked down the aisle. Hmmm...how can I make that into soap...

It seems like enough people want to play. I'll start a new thread.

Edit: you can find it here.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back