SMF November 2023 Challenge - Splash Swirl Technique

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
*heavy sigh
Well, since @CLMP double-dared me to show them mine, here ya go. Warning, not pretty (really, I'm fine, I still got great smelling homemade soap!). My inspiration was our kitchen. One of the main colors is red and chartreuse is an accent. Scented with fir/sage/litsea/lemongrass essential oils.

I still want to do another attempt but with 29 minutes to deadline, it ain't happenin' in time for this challenge. While I was disappointed in my result I still enjoyed doing this challenge which I have never seen before. It's deceptively harder than it looks so my hat is off to all who entered! And thank you to our challenge organizer @dibbles !View attachment 75412View attachment 75413
It reminds me of when my kitchen was decorated in country apples (speaking of the colors) 🥰

*heavy sigh
Well, since @CLMP double-dared me to show them mine, here ya go. Warning, not pretty (really, I'm fine, I still got great smelling homemade soap!). My inspiration was our kitchen. One of the main colors is red and chartreuse is an accent. Scented with fir/sage/litsea/lemongrass essential oils.

I still want to do another attempt but with 29 minutes to deadline, it ain't happenin' in time for this challenge. While I was disappointed in my result I still enjoyed doing this challenge which I have never seen before. It's deceptively harder than it looks so my hat is off to all who entered! And thank you to our challenge organizer @dibbles !View attachment 75412View attachment 75413
Thank you for showing us! I was just kidding around but glad you showed us it actually looks pretty neat I like them! Yes this challenge was a little tricky but I also had fun and ended up with lots of soap to give away! This was definitely a interesting challenge.🙂

Thanks for showing us @Zing. You still got the lovely wispy swirls in there so at least you got the technique down. And hey - it could have been worse - you could have spilt your red mica all over the kitchen like some other clumsy clogs i know!!!
Ha ha I could help my self and laughed my brains out because I'm one of those clumsy clogs lol @KiwiMoose one day I walked into my kitchen and saw red paw prints all over my kitchen and my nice table cloth and I was like what's going on here and then I noticed I had forgotten my Red Mica on the kitchen countertop and I was like oh no oh my God my cat got into it luckily I was able to clean up everything pretty good but her paws were hard to clean and she keeps tracking it everywhere lol. I learnt a good lesson not to leave out my soap stuff that day lol

Just so everyone is clear on the voting. If you sign up for the challenge, you are encouraged to vote even if you weren't able to make something you wanted to enter. It's helpful if you have made an attempt so you have some knowledge of what part of the challenge is difficult or what the results could look like. We understand that even with the best intentions, life can get busy and you might not have an entry.

Just so everyone is clear on the voting. If you sign up for the challenge, you are encouraged to vote even if you weren't able to make something you wanted to enter. It's helpful if you have made an attempt so you have some knowledge of what part of the challenge is difficult or what the results could look like. We understand that even with the best intentions, life can get busy and you might not have an entry.
I didn't sign up ~ I waited to see if my one try was going to work but I failed, so no entry, no sign up 👍🏻

Latest posts

Back