Need help locating a specific post

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rubyslippers

Reaction score
I have searched this site for hours looking for a specific post and can't remember the author or whether it was on the CP forum or maybe tutorials or even pictures....I just know it was somewhere on this forum and hoping someone can help me find it again. The author posted several pictures of beautiful swirled bars of purple and cream and gave instructions of how she had swirled her soap by pouring 2 different colors into a log mold that had an acrylic cutting mat positioned upright down the center of the log mold. She poured cream colored soap on one side and purple colored soap on the opposite side; carefully removed the mat and then pulled the purple into the cream. There were several pictures posted. If anyone remembers this particular post and could direct me to it I would really appreciate it.

Thank you for your effort djk17 and I checked out the links you posted but unfortunately, those aren't the one I'm looking for :cry: I was so intrigued by the method used and had even printed it to try it at a later date. Want to do this project with my granddaughter and realized I no longer have the printout. It was an older post - possibly back in Sept or Oct of last year. I'll keep looking! Thanks so much.

ah, pity. thought it could have been healinya's post about using a mat. It sounds like a really interesting way for the swirl and if you do find it post the link for us!
I've never mastered a decent swirl and I've seen such lovely ones people have done!

I would be interested in this as well if anyone can locate it... Ive tried searching, but havent been able to find anything, however I do vaguely remember the post

It's been ages, but if it's like the mantra swirl - I do the side by side pour without a divider. I pour at med trace with one pitcher in each hand. works fairly well at least in my 2# molds.

These are ancient and horrid pics, but you get the idea.

Swirl in Soap

Here's one that Wayne and Billie did back in August. Below is their youtube
demonstration. Do you think this is the one that you were trying to locate. I remembered it because of the color of the soap. The blue was really pretty.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lXai2SqYhTc"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lXai2SqYhTc[/ame]

Lynn

Great to get so many replies and I've checked each and every link posted but still not the one I'm looking for. The one I'm looking for had many step by step pictures. One of the many pictures posted actually showed the cutting mat standing upright in the mold and then another picture showed it with the mat still in place after the soap was poured. As I recall, the poster stated that after the two colors were poured, the mat was slowly pulled out of the soap mixture and she kind of wiggled it a little so some of the purple would bleed into the cream. I am a very visual person and the tutorial in this post was excellent. It's gotta be out there somewhere :lol: Thanks everyone - this is the best soaping forum with very helpful people!!!

part of me wants to say it could have been one of Kitn's posts, a member who was banned/deleted due to violation of the forum rules/regs'...

when she left she deleted all of her posts, tutorials, pics etc... (which is also why i started to put together the tutorial listing mentioned elsewhere on the forum)

IanT, now that you mention Kitn that strikes a chord with me.....I think it was she that posted that tutorial! If her posts have been deleted then I will quit looking and just rely on my somewhat sketchy memory! Thanks all :)

lol no worries, I wish she hadnt done that.. or at least could have saved the process before she did... I usually try to save the good posts I like to word files if they ever get deleted or anything... (might be a good tip for future reference ;) )

kitn asked to have her membership deleted as far as i can remember and i run across her posts all the time. artisan soaps is the one who deleted all of her posts leaving ".." in every message instead.

i *think* this is the directions you were talking about. the pic is from photobucket and is not there anymore but the directions she gave sounded like what you were talking about.

You divide your log mold in half down the middle ( I used a dollar store cutting mat cut down ). If you have a helper it goes much better ( they can hold the divider in place) , but it can be done alone. You split your lightly traced soap in 1/2 , color 1 or both and pour into both halves you created in your mold . Pour up and down in the same direction and pouring the same amount on both sides to keep the divider in place. Then give the mold a little jiggle to get the soap evened out and let it sit for a minute . Pull the divider out slowly and evenly . Give it another soft jiggle to settle the soap . I used a wooden coffee stir stick pushed to the bottom of the mold , to pull the color from the dark into the light ending with a little curl .You can make more or less swirls as you like . That is it , in a large nutshell
It is a lot of fun .

Kitn :D

Yes!!!! :lol: That is the one I was looking for! Thank you krissy for the directions. I'm saving them in a word file as you suggested by IanT.
Thanks so much everyone.....big help. Wish the pic was still on photobucket. Her photos demonstrating this technique were awesome.

yeah I wish she didnt do all that..

@ Krissy... yeah there was a whole bunch of behind the scenes stuff we kept out of the public eye... much of it was through PM's ...dont really want to bring up old drama...

Glad you found the directions though! that is friggin awesome!! :)

good stuff indeed!! :)

Latest posts

Back