Zing Junior's first batch

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Made with Zing Junior's own beeswax and honey. Ta Da!
Scent: orange and patchouli essential oils. The color is from red palm oil.

20240209_095712.jpg
20240205_195909.jpg
20240205_195206.jpg

@Zing, is the colour natural or have you added colour to get that yellow ? Do you know if the wax colour has anything to do with the surrounding vegetation near the hive ?I have beeswax direct from the hive and it's an off white colour with a blue-ish tinge, I asked Dh to ask his friend is this the normal colour, still waiting on an answer from him.

Edited - answered my own question with Google.
It said it can be white to brownish in colour depending on the flowers they have been feeding on. That might explain the blue-is tinge, if his hives are around gum trees. It also said it depends on how filtered it is.

@Zing, is the colour natural or have you added colour to get that yellow ? Do you know if the wax colour has anything to do with the surrounding vegetation near the hive ?I have beeswax direct from the hive and it's an off white colour with a blue-ish tinge, I asked Dh to ask his friend is this the normal colour, still waiting on an answer from him.

Edited - answered my own question with Google.
It said it can be white to brownish in colour depending on the flowers they have been feeding on. That might explain the blue-is tinge, if his hives are around gum trees. It also said it depends on how filtered it is.
The beeswax is slightly off-white/yellowish but only 3%. The color of the soap is mainly due to using red palm oil. Not sure if you all had Dial soap down under but red palm oil soap always reminds me of old school Dial soap.

The beeswax is slightly off-white/yellowish but only 3%. The color of the soap is mainly due to using red palm oil. Not sure if you all had Dial soap down under but red palm oil soap always reminds me of old school Dial soap.
Thanks for the info, no dial soap here. I've used red palm before and got that yellow colour, it fades a bit.

Latest posts

Back