Your Weekend Soap Pot March 23-24?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well its Sunday night here and my soaping activities for the weekend were Raspberry Marshmallow (which looks quite hideous because of the awful yellow colour that the FO's discoloured to!!), and today I remade 2 loofah soaps: Lemongrass & Litsea with yellow clay, and Lime & White Grapefruit with green clay. These smell yummy!! So does the Raspberry Marshmallow...just looks a bit awful!! :) Happy Soaping everyone :)

I am a newbie. I just keep reading for great information and ideas. I do raise dairy goats and would like a good but easy soap recipe that is dummy proof to start with. Thanks so much

Went on a road trip this weekend, so no soap or other B&B products. However, before going I bought 50 lb NaOH (replacement for the last 50 lb bag) and 55 lb KOH (first time with the big bag of that one....). I feel like such a grown up soaper now.

Green soap,

I am not sure if I will ever be as much of a grown up soaper as you to be buying 50 lb bags of lye, but that is wonderful that you are! I am happy that I was able to buy 8 lb buckets of oil ;-)

I made four 5-lb batches this weekend, all variations on my standard base of olive, coconut, palm, avocado, sweet almond and castor oils:

Chamomile calendula - with ground chamomile and calendula petals, added at trace
Lavender vanilla - ground lavender flowers, lavender EO and vanilla oleoresin, added at trace
French green clay - added the clay at trace
Rose hips - added ground rose hips at trace

My whole apartment smells like lavender. :)

Managed to make some soap at long last, it has been a while. I have a week off, so today i made no colour lavender soap. I do have some new stuff to play with, like some red & green clay, plus a new mould.

Back