Your all-time favorite soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I experimented with percentages. I'm not sure how it would work in a non-salt soap, but I can do about 10% of the salt as DSS in a salt soap. I've seen the crumble effect, too--but keeping it to a smaller amount helps, while still getting the minerals into the soap.

I thank you for taking time out to answer my question:).

I love my recipes with Lard, 45 % Lard, 25 % CO, 25 % OO, 15 Palm Kernel O, soap is so white and very hard, has so many bubbles and stays hard in the shower. I do love Avocado oil in my soaps and just use it in every soap to mix my micas is it. I am not a big fan of a castor oil, feel like it makes my soap tacky.

Doesn't dead sea salt make soap crumble? A couple years ago, I made a batch of soap with dead sea salt and dead sea mud.

I made a salt soap with about 20% of the salt as Dead Sea Salt and it's definitely crumblier than I'd like. Lovely on the skin though. I might try making a Dead Sea Mud soap with regular sea salt instead. :)

Olive Oil 50%, Coconut 25%, Palm or lard 15%, Castor 5%, Shea 5%
Coconut milk as 100% liquid, lavender bbfo 2%, 10x Orange eo 2%, Patchouli 2%
1% Calendula at trace. My "Flagship bar"

This is very similar to my regular bar, but I've been experimenting lately. I do Olive, coconut, tallow or lard, shea, castor, and avocado. I dissolve silk and use coconut water and coconut creme for the liquid. Sometimes a little bentonite for slip. This one has bentonite and activated charcoal.

blacksilk_zpsb99b70bf.jpg

Back