You know there's a sale today at WSP, right?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Geeze Louise folks, it was a massive sale, they very clearly said to expect shipping delays, there was a holiday and a weekend since then, so basically it has only been 4 or 5 business days. I can't believe people are complaining.

Under "normal" circumstances Brambleberry still would not have shipped an order that fast, they can't (or don't bother to) keep up with their regular orders, let alone after a huge year-end store-wide sale that generated thousands of orders in one day.

I will stick with WSP over BB any day. Better product, better shipping times, better customer service, even when they are backed up.

I'm feeling really Blessed about my order. I wonder how they have prioritized? I had my list ready to go when I ordered and placed it @ 12:39. (Anal, I know but good Germans document everything.....)

I like BB but they are too slow for me and I'm on the east coast plus the shipping charges. They do have good buys on some things though if you aren't in a hurry but I usually need my order quick like most soapers on a time crunch. On a normal order day, I get my order from WSP in 2 days. If I order Monday its on my porch by Wednesday. I ordered on the sale day and then again on the 1st and received my orders yesterday.

WSP normally has excellent shipping times. Don't take current times as any indication of how they routinely process orders.

Really most of of the suppliers I've used ship things pretty quickly (I don't complain about shipping times once something leaves the supplier). BB is really the standout on how slowly they ship. I got a mold from BB right before Christmas, and it was at my doorstep the same week, so maybe BB is improving. <fingers crossed> Now, if they would only improve their packaging from those flimsy bags... I'd order from them more often.

The first time I ordered with WSP they were slow to ship. I forgot how slow they were and got sucked into the so called big sale. I placed an order on 12/30, as of today they had not shipped. I called, they said they hoped to ship my order on Sat. If not, Monday and said they were really busy from the sale. I say we're all in business, if not, this is an expensive hobby. So bring in more manpower and get it done, else loose business. I cancelled my order and will only use dependable suppliers who ship promptly. Saving a few pennies, very few indeed, is not worth the disruption to my work schedule.

I haven't gotten a response yet...my BA order came fast, but I was shorted in my Shea butter and essential oil. Called them yesterday and I have notification already that it is coming!

I agree that they are usually pretty good with their shipping except when they have sales which is totally understandable I only place larger orders a few times a year as there are usually ony a handful of things I purchase from them as I find their prices quite a bit higher on a lot of things even with shipping. BB is the only one I don't order from too often. Takes way too long

So just curious...where does everyone normally order from? I normally order from WSP and I have ordered from NG and TKB trading for colorants. I have ordered from BB but if I do it's something I'm not in a hurry for. I order my lye from essential depot too.

When I order from them, they are always fast EXCEPT when they do a huge sale, which is very understandable. I only order from the sales what I can wait for. But that saying I ordered on the 30th and my order arrived on the 6th. I also ordered at 5:00 am.

Could be that WSP has been so slow for me because of where I live? I don't know, I live in GA and they're in the Midwest. But I order regularly from BulkAp, they are also in the Midwest and ship very fast.

I could only order what I can wait for. But why do that? They're prices are not significantly lower and I do not assume a long wait time after a sale. I assume a business plans a sale in advance and the manpower to support it. If they don't and have a pattern of conducting business this way, I do business elsewhere.

I could only order what I can wait for. But why do that?.

Actually I should have added that I try never to NEED anything in less than 2 weeks, I am an organizing freak, so I usually don't need it, but of course I
always WANT it earlier, lol. I also always compare my base oils with Soapers Choice and usually WSP is about exactly the same for me, but with them being on sale at WSP I saved quite a bit, and I got to order some other things that I normally wouldn't have to try out.

Could be that WSP has been so slow for me because of where I live? I don't know, I live in GA and they're in the Midwest. But I order regularly from BulkAp, they are also in the Midwest and ship very fast.

I could only order what I can wait for. But why do that? They're prices are not significantly lower and I do not assume a long wait time after a sale. I assume a business plans a sale in advance and the manpower to support it. If they don't and have a pattern of conducting business this way, I do business elsewhere.

I'm in FL and with the exception of this order ( during the sale and placed at 10:30 PM ) they're always pretty quick. Orders usually ship within 2 days of being placed and are here 3 days after that....unless a weekend falls in there, and that's on UPS making me wait a few extra days since they don't deliver on weekends lol

I'm in the Midwest but still haven't gotten my order. Yes, it was a big sale but I also think that if you're going to run a big sale, a business should be prepared for it and increase their manpower to handle the rush they should expect. If you're going to run a big sale right at a holiday, you really should have employees lined up to work extra. Expect delays, okay, but a 10 day delay seems excessive. BB posts right at the top which days' orders they are processing. I think they ought to be faster too. If they are continually 3-4 days behind their orders, hire more people. They are currently 4-5 days behind. Hello! You need more people in your warehouse putting orders together.

One thing I think is unfortunate is that, although it is nice to pass compliments as well, too few people give direct constructive feedback to companies. They tend to just move along to other supplier and don't buy again. That doesn't give the company the reason they are dissatisfied and the company may not know what people want them to fix.

I just canceled my order, I got a better price at Soapers Choice on beeswax and castor than I did on the sale...the WSP rep said that they were supposed to get all the orders out by Saturday.

I also ordered on the 30th, and just today got my shipping confirmation (7 business days later). They did say that there would be shipping delays because of the sale, but I'm just so used to them shipping within a day or two!

One thing I think is unfortunate is that, although it is nice to pass compliments as well, too few people give direct constructive feedback to companies. They tend to just move along to other supplier and don't buy again. That doesn't give the company the reason they are dissatisfied and the company may not know what people want them to fix.

I cancelled my membership with WSP after this. When asked to comment on why I cancelled, I let them know the process time is excessive. I agree that a business needs to know what they can do to improve. Feedback is vital and I hope they use it constructively.

Unfortunately for WSP, many soapers are also small business owners and know that a sale on 12/30 means big tax savings. Moving product, even if only on paper, means Uncle Sam takes a smaller cut of what's in your warehouse - i.e. note all the car sales. Bet they pulled few orders on the 31st. because they were busy with a end-of-the year inventory.

I'm in the Midwest but still haven't gotten my order. Yes, it was a big sale but I also think that if you're going to run a big sale, a business should be prepared for it and increase their manpower to handle the rush they should expect. If you're going to run a big sale right at a holiday, you really should have employees lined up to work extra. Expect delays, okay, but a 10 day delay seems excessive. BB posts right at the top which days' orders they are processing. I think they ought to be faster too. If they are continually 3-4 days behind their orders, hire more people. They are currently 4-5 days behind. Hello! You need more people in your warehouse putting orders together.

I agree. That's why I left feedback when canceling my order. Hopefully they'll use it.

Just checked my order again, and shipment.........is.........still.........pending!!!:cry:

BUT.....my molds from China are "out for delivery"........YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Back