Recipes for Sale?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Forgive me if this question is not appropriate here, but are there recommended sites you can purchase Soap Recipes? Preferably from reputable sources?

I know that this craft is much trial and error, but was curious if one may be able to go to a Soap Maker's website and get "proven" to work recipes, etc. I thought I had heard of them being for sale, but I can't even find such a thing to even see if it's worth it.

If not allowed to post here, please message me with reputable soap makers and their recipes if they do indeed sell them. đź‘Ť

For free recipes, check out lovelygreens.com, or the following YouTube channels: Holly's Soapmaking (Kapia Mera), Ellie's Everyday, and Tree Marie Soapworks.

For paid recipes, including in-depth scientific and practical information about recipe formulation, my favorite resource is Ashley Greene's "Ultimate Soap" e-book series, including hot process, cold process, and liquid soap. Each e-book ranges from $35 to $45; she will send a printable link if you request that. Sometimes there are deals for purchasing the 3-book bundle, and she usually has sales around major US holidays, including Easter (April 9), Mother's Day, Father's Day, etc. If you join her groups on Facebook, you can often find coupon codes on there, as well. She also has some free recipes on her website, which you can access via the blog through the link above.

For free recipes, check out lovelygreens.com, or the following YouTube channels: Holly's Soapmaking (Kapia Mera), Ellie's Everyday, and Tree Marie Soapworks.

For paid recipes, including in-depth scientific and practical information about recipe formulation, my favorite resource is Ashley Greene's "Ultimate Soap" e-book series, including hot process, cold process, and liquid soap. Each e-book ranges from $35 to $45; she will send a printable link if you request that. Sometimes there are deals for purchasing the 3-book bundle, and she usually has sales around major US holidays, including Easter (April 9), Mother's Day, Father's Day, etc. If you join her groups on Facebook, you can often find coupon codes on there, as well. She also has some free recipes on her website, which you can access via the blog through the link above.
Perfect! This is the info I was hoping for. Thanks so much!

I second @AliOop's suggestion for Ashley Greene's books. They're an incredible resource that explains the science behind the recipes in a way that's easy to understand, even for me, who failed Chem 11......twice.

Trying to locate Ashley Greene's facebook page/group? Can someone give the link or tell me the name of the group? Thanks!

If you click on the link AliOop embedded in the response you quoted, it should take you there. I haven't used any of her books, but I trust both @AliOop and @Misschief to give good advice.

If you are only interested in making vegan and palm free recipes, I would make sure that some of those recipes are included. Although the books are probably a good value, I would think about actually making soap first to see if it is something you want to pursue.

If you aren't personally opposed to using animal fats, but just ultimately want to avoid them when/if you decide to make this a business consider using a lard recipe to begin with. It makes a lovely soap, is relatively inexpensive and very slow moving. There are lots of recipes available here on SMF and from well respected soap makers on YouTube to get you started.

You should also spend some time learning to use a soap calculator if you haven't already. It is an important thing to know, as any recipe you find in a book or online has the potential for mistakes.

If you click on the link AliOop embedded in the response you quoted, it should take you there. I haven't used any of her books, but I trust both @AliOop and @Misschief to give good advice.

If you are only interested in making vegan and palm free recipes, I would make sure that some of those recipes are included. Although the books are probably a good value, I would think about actually making soap first to see if it is something you want to pursue.

If you aren't personally opposed to using animal fats, but just ultimately want to avoid them when/if you decide to make this a business consider using a lard recipe to begin with. It makes a lovely soap, is relatively inexpensive and very slow moving. There are lots of recipes available here on SMF and from well respected soap makers on YouTube to get you started.

You should also spend some time learning to use a soap calculator if you haven't already. It is an important thing to know, as any recipe you find in a book or online has the potential for mistakes.
Thank you for the information. I have added the youtube channels that @AliOop referenced. Yes, I did get to Ashley Greene's webpage, but cannot locate her facebook page or group if she has one. I'd like to see if their are coupon codes or discounts through her facebook page. It appears there is a lot one can learn for the soap making process, through her materials (whether or not there are vegan recipes included) On her website, the facebook page link, at the bottom of her page links to a company that hosts her webpage...it doesn't go to her facebook page.

I've played around with the soap calculator you linked to. I'm still researching and learning, and I'm sure I'll have more questions as I continue to move forward. I appreciate the time people take to explain things to new people. I'm sure it can get annoying. ;) At any rate, thank you.

@NativeSoap Sorry, I only have a work FB account that I only use when work requires it, but I believe her FB page is called "The Ultimate Guide to Hot Process & Liquid Soap." @Misschief can you confirm?

You can also use the chat service on her website to message her to ask for any upcoming sales, bundle pricing, coupon codes, etc.

Last edited:
@NativeSoap Sorry, I only have a work FB account that I only used when work requires it, but I believe her FB page is called "The Ultimate Guide to Hot Process & Liquid Soap." @Misschief can you confirm?

You can also use the chat service on her website to message her to ask for any upcoming sales, bundle pricing, coupon codes, etc.
Thank you. I found that one too but was thrown off a bit by the name. I've requested to join that group, and I'm waiting approval, so hopefully that's it! Good idea on the chat feature on her website. It'll give me a chance to let her know her facebook and twitter links, on her website, do not lead to her, but to somewhere else! :)

are there recommended sites you can purchase Soap Recipes? Preferably from reputable sources?
For Tried and True Recipes

Beginner's Forum - Learn to Soap Online

Modern Soapmaking Blog - Secret to the Best Soap Recipes

Lovin' Soap - Cold Process Soap Making Guide

Ebooks are often "bundled" at a discount. Well worth the price.

As far as "reputable sources" look for HSCG (Handcrafted Soap and Cosmetics Guild) Certification.

Top soap supplies companies have recipes and tutorials:
Anne Marie Faiola of Soap Queen TV fame now has her excellent tutorials on all things soaping at the Brambleberry web site.

Thank you. I found that one too but was thrown off a bit by the name. I've requested to join that group, and I'm waiting approval, so hopefully that's it! Good idea on the chat feature on her website. It'll give me a chance to let her know her facebook and twitter links, on her website, do not lead to her, but to somewhere else! :)
That's the correct group. I'm a member there, as well.

For Tried and True Recipes

Beginner's Forum - Learn to Soap Online

Modern Soapmaking Blog - Secret to the Best Soap Recipes

Lovin' Soap - Cold Process Soap Making Guide

Ebooks are often "bundled" at a discount. Well worth the price.

As far as "reputable sources" look for HSCG (Handcrafted Soap and Cosmetics Guild) Certification.

Top soap supplies companies have recipes and tutorials:
Anne Marie Faiola of Soap Queen TV fame now has her excellent tutorials on all things soaping at the Brambleberry web site.
@Zany_in_CO thanks for the suggestions and links. I had most of those bookmarked, so I must be heading in the right direction for saving resources! I did not have the Beginner's Forum - Learn to Soap Online link, so thanks for that. I'll keep it tabbed in my browser for reference! Ugh, so many tabs open at all times!! So much info. :)

Back