Yay for broken ankles

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh, so sorry to hear that you broke your ankle. I can feel your pain - literally. Will you need surgery? There isn't much you can do, aside from being patient (not easy) and give it time to heal. If your doctor has told you no weight bearing, please listen. I had to be non-weight bearing for 10 weeks, and I didn't - not once - put any weight on my surgery foot/ankle at all. I do think the NWB was more because of my foot injury though.

Was delivering doordash and tripped on broken cement.

There goes selling at markets for the next three months. And nothing sells online. Guess everything is on pause. And this year was going pretty well too.

Crap!
Do door dash in any way help with your bills, seeing as you were delivering for them?

Just got back from the orthopedic surgeons office. He says it doesn't need surgery. Thank goodness. He showed me the xray (how interesting) and it's a very small fracture. Just the tip of the fibula broken off. It's 5 mm long. Quarter of an inch? I think?

He wants me in a walking boot asap. And for me to get in to see a physical therapist so I don't lose muscle tone and strength in my leg. He said I can have a shower as normal but try not to put much eight on my right leg because of the break. He also said I can take it off at night but to wrap a pillow around my ankle and tape it down so I don't hurt it while sleeping.

So it could be a heck of alot worse.

Doordash is a problem. According to them, because I was walking to my car from the customers door after my delivery, I'm not covered. Doesn't matter though because I put in for coverage anyway and we'll see what happens. The company they work with for health care emailed me back while I was in the doctors office for more information but they closed a good two hours ago now so that will wait until tomorrow.

This is all just so stupid. To think such a mild misstep can cause this much aggravation and pain. Turned into this whole big thing.

Hope this is over with quick.

I'm so glad it's not a lot worse! No surgery!

As to doordash, don't take the first several No's for an answer, how do they expect you to get back into the vehicle, teleport? You wouldn't have been there if not for delivering for them.

A leg cast and a small chip do sound quite hopeful; now you can focus on feeling better.

I'm so glad it's not a lot worse! No surgery!

As to doordash, don't take the first several No's for an answer, how do they expect you to get back into the vehicle, teleport? You wouldn't have been there if not for delivering for them.

A leg cast and a small chip do sound quite hopeful; now you can focus on feeling better.
The surgery thing scared me. Oddly the emergency room didn't put my xrays on my account. Didn't get to see it until today. Maybe they figure most people can't handle it but I just thought it was cool.

I'm going to push this. Whatever they need I'll give them. Honestly, all I want is to not have to owe money for getting hurt. So if they pay part and my insurance pays part and it comes out to zero I'll be good. And I cannot believe I just said that.

From the sounds of it, it's not terribly serious. And yes, I'm feeling less stressed already. Although I'm exhausted from those crutches. It's like running a couple miles to use those things to go from my bedroom to the car. One heck of a workout.

Oh wow sorry to hear that happened to you. I just spent 100s of dollars paying for physio therapy for my son he tore the tendons in his ankle but it was worth it his ankle is back to normal now. Even if it's expensive you should do the therapy too if you can afford it because you could end up with bad problems if you don't. Or even if you just go for a couple times and find out what exercises they want you to do so you can do it at home. I hope all goes well for you.

I second going to physical therapy can make a huge difference. My therapists have been great, giving just what I need. Every time I watch YT videos and try something different I end up in pain.
Tape on the pillow, sounds like a pain. A roll of velcro may help though or an old belt.
Healing prayers.

Latest posts

Back