Wrapping CP soap in Fabric

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Naty, the monkey farts is very cute! So you didn't use anything to secure it other than ribbon and the labbel? I think that might be a little less time consuming than making bags. Though I don't have labels since I don't sell or anything. Maybe just some really wide ribbon?

tryanything - I've been brain storming this for a bit, and like you, thinking making bags would be quiet time consuming so got to thinking if I could actually wrap the soap in the fabric without any repercussions....hence the thread. The fabric held in place really nicely as the soap isn't slippery, its actually really grippy. The band does hold it in place well but a thick ribbon would b good too.

Has there been anything, perhaps drawing on this experiment, that indicates that covering rows of soap on a drying rack or shelf with muslin/cotton fabric, rather than just drying it in a cold dark room on a shelf, is better as well, as opposed to the individually wrapped bar?

Great Monkey Fartz wrap!

I got to thinking about this wrapped in muslin thing. The point is to keep DOS at bay - would a soap box have the same effect? What about windowed vs unwindowed boxes? Does the muslin cloth itself actually touching the soap keep DOS away or is it that the soap is more protected from air?

Amy, I would be thinking also that its more protected from air is all.

Thanx for lovely comments for my MF wrap peoples. I think I'll go with it.

i think that anything that allow the soap to breathe is fine.
And so cotton, linen, and other natural fabrics are well suitable for this purpose.
Better should two layers, first of fabric and the last of any natural tissue and this should be the best package.

Nice!

Back