Wooden mold with liner - do you like yours?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

carolyntn

Reaction score
Hello!
I am currently using a wooden mold that I line with freezer paper for my soap. But now I am considering purchasing a wooden mold with liner. So, if you have one what do you have and do you like it? Any disadvantages?
Thank you!
Carolyn
(Hubby offered the upgrade so of course I can't refuse!!! :wink: )

Do you mean a mold like an Uplands? I adore mine.

Deda and Carebear thank you!
I have looked at those websites but I will study their products more carefully since you recommend them!
Thank you!

i LOVE my wood molds! (thanks steve at soaping resource). i love these mostly because they are mitered so all i have to do is cut with the enclosed cutter. every time i try to cut my soaps with a crinkle cuttter or otherwise out of my mitered box i screw up the bar sizes. call me an idiot, but i'm addicted to the soap molds with cutting miters included. after numerous batches in silicone molds, i've reverted straight back to the wooden molds.

sincerely yours, the math and straight-line challenged,

paillo

Paillo- Do you line the mold with freezer paper, take your soap out (when its done) and then put it back in the mold to cut it?

Paillo I just ordered an adustable bar cutter from Willow Way. In fact, it should arrive today!!! Guess who'll be soaping tonight?! I got so disgusted at my lousy cutting skills - after all that planning, hard work, and waiting - and I want perfectly cut bars!

Anyway I can't decide whether to purchase a silicon mold from WSP - I would like to try non-gelling and Lyn's fluffy tops. Or purchase a wooden mold with silicone liner to avoid freezer paper.

My husband made me two wood molds 10 years ago, and they still work wonderfully. For liners, he cut a sheet of lexan - expensive, but lasts and lasts.

You can see the design for this mold on his website at soapmaker.ca, look for 'extras'. Click on his drawing and it will expand, showing details of how to build it.
He used suitcase clasps to hold it closed. I like it a lot...very sturdy, and easy to use. Not cheap to make though.

Latest posts

Back