why did CP soap fragrance oils thickened too fast question?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kristin2011

Reaction score
I made a new batch of cp soap today with Strawberry & Cream fragrance oils. With this new fragrance I found out that it traced very fast. I was unable to swirl the soap I had reserved so I just put it on top and decorated the top with a rough look. Anyway, is it okay to pour the cp soap at a very light trace for fragrances that thicken too fast?

You can bring your mix to a light trace before you add your FO, but you will still prob have to work faily fast if its going to accellerate.

You can also try lowering your temps, room temperature oils and lyewater is ment to slow down trace.

I've botched so many batches at anything above room temp that I just gave in. Florals are the worst. If it's a new FO for me, I'll pour as quickly as possible. Just keep good notes so when you're ready to use that fragrance again, you know what to expect.

After letting the cp soap set up, I noticed that it started turning a greenish color to it. Would anyone know why? I added a tiny bit of tea tree oil along with my fragrance oil Strawberry & Cream. I am debating whether I should rebatch the soap or not. It wasn’t green when I poured it into my mold; it was a very light yellow color due to the yellow oils I used. No coloring was used.

For FOs that accelerate (or if you think they might), you can add your FO to the base oils before you add your lye solution.

Anita

Back