Who made.....

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dixie

Reaction score
The soap using lotion? I can't remember who it was and I was wanting to know how it turned out.

TIA

I made it.
It hardened okay, but was totally white, so a few yellow spots showed up.
I'm planning another batch that I will color yellow. LOL

Originally used 3/4 cup lotion in 2.5 lbs soap -- next time I'll try 1/4 cup lotion ppo.

This weekend, I hope to try a "Calgon Bar" -- sorta like a salt bar, but with Calgon powdered bath product---or instead, maybe an Epsom Salts bar.

Have you tried using it yet? How does it feel? Is it real hard?

Full of questions sorry:)

I believe that Epsom salts will weep copiously if you try to make a salt bar with them

Now dissolving the stuff in your water might work. not sure about that - prolly it's just water softener and fragrance anyway.

I used the lotion soap. It's plenty hard. Lathers great. Only complaint I can think of is the yellow spots (just a few developed after 9 days) and the fact the bar seems to dissolve more quickly than my other soap.

Never made a salt bar. Does the salt stay SOLID in it? Wondered if epsom salt would stay solid? Just experimenting. If anyone can save me some grief, I'm listening.

Epsom salt isn't recommended for salt bars .( I cannot remember why not , though) Table salt and sea salt etc do not "melt " away , you can see them in the soap . I hope this answers your question .

Kitn

Thanks Kitn, bet the epsom salts wouldn't melt either -- it would be like sharp glass in soap! I made the mistake of putting sand in soap once...thinking it would be like coarse pumice....NOT

Calgon ??????

In the UK this is sold as a water softener for washing machines in hard water areas. I wouldn't want to bath in it !!!!!

Back