Whipped Peppermint Soap Cake

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nattynoo

Reaction score
Thought I'd share a something I soaped today.
A whipped peppermint soap cake.
Also a solid sugar scrub too.

P1000038.jpg

P1000048.jpg

P1000053.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Sorry bout the sizes... new to uploading...LOL

Both are beautiful! The cake looks wonderful but I love your scrub. Mostly you see the little square scrubs so your shape is different and looks great!

ETA: And your pictures look professional and very warm! Nice!!

Thankyou everyone. Was a bit nervous posting pics for the first time.

Agriffin - the scrub is a far cry from the little squares. Its a full palm size one. I make them quiet hard & solid so they can sit in the shower for a couple of goes. I appreciate your comments...TY.

wow, definitely one of the nicest soap cakes I have ever seen. I love them both. thank you sharing!

Hazel - I cut it after about 4hours. It cut like a baked cheesecake. Do u have baked cheesecake where u live??? Thick & sticky, it stuck to the knife. It definitely wasn't a clean cut by any means. I cleaned the knife after each cut. I use a stainless cake spatula to cut.
I read that it gets really really hard & crumbly so cut it early.
???? not sure if that was right or not.
Its curing nicely now. Its cold today but was warm (curing) for a few days. Way too scared to tounge test it yet...lol. Ouch.

nattynoo said:
Hazel - I cut it after about 4hours. It cut like a baked cheesecake. Do u have baked cheesecake where u live??? Thick & sticky, it stuck to the knife. It definitely wasn't a clean cut by any means. I cleaned the knife after each cut. I use a stainless cake spatula to cut.
I read that it gets really really hard & crumbly so cut it early.
???? not sure if that was right or not.
Its curing nicely now. Its cold today but was warm (curing) for a few days. Way too scared to tounge test it yet...lol. Ouch.

Thanks for the reply. I never thought of using a cake spatula. What a good idea. I haven't made a cake soap but it looks lovely. I think I'm going to have to try it. :D

Love the cake, I bet someone might eat it if you left it out...lol. How do you get your solid sugar scrub to hold up in the shower...I'm dying to know if you are willing to share your secret!

cmd - This last batch has been my best so far. Its still hard after 4 showers!! Scrubbing is my all time favourite thing. Exfoliant soaps are to die for IMO.
I honestly don't know why they stay hard & last so long. I used a really dry unscented castile soap for these ones. 1 part cocoa butter, 2 parts grated castile, lavender EO & probably 2 parts sugar (austalian sugar of course!!) I keep putting as much sugar as I think it can take. I also put ground up lavender in the mix. Freeze, unmould & dry for a couple of days. Pretty much stock standard recipe most people use. I wonder if its got to do with the size??? They are palm size about 100grams each.
Does that help??? Hope so.

Fabulous nattynoo ... love both the cake and the sugar soap. I have sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much to learn and I have a feeling I'm going to be having loads of fun doing it.

The sugar soap has my interest now ... don't really know anything about it, but I love exfoliant soaps.

Thanks for sharing!

Thankyou.
You'll find a recipe here from Mayren on her solid sugar scrub cubes. Its a great read & place to start with solid sugar bars.

Thanks for that Nattynoo ... think I'll have to let this one go for now, as I've spent several hours looking for it. I can find the thread I think ... but not the recipe ... frustrating!

Latest posts

Back