Which soap cutter do you like best?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I made a miter box and my cuts are straighter then they were before so I'm not complaining about a slight wedge at the bottom. However, if it bothers you a lot, you could try putting a wedge of wood where you want the loaf to stop, so if you're cutting an inch thick oor whatever. Then hold the loaf on it's "butt," so the wedge and one hand will keep it in place while you cut. That oughta help

As Relle said, For Crafts Sake - and I still to this day use the same cutter.
I use the commercial quick cutter from For Crafts Sake. Love it, but it takes a really long time to get it. Like 2 couple of months or more. It comes standard with the cutting wires spaced 1" apart, but you can get them to make it so the bars are wider. I wish I''d had them make it so the bars were a little wider than an inch so that my bars were a bit heftier. Just personal preference.

Last edited:
Based on a few reviews I read on SMF, I ended up buying a single wire cutter from Bud Haffner on Etsy. It’s well constructed, cuts evenly and Bud was personally engaged and responsive during the process. It arrived at my home within two weeks of ordering. I tried using my cheese cutter, but still struggled to get parallel cuts because the soap would sometimes slip a little.

Latest posts

Back