Where to get soap nets? Simply Body MIA

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I am gearing up for a big holiday market and I like to offer soap nets, too. The best I've found are the Simply Body Soap Nets from a guy named Ian. Simply Body Soap Net I contacted him about making a wholesale purchase and he didn't respond. I filled out the contact form on his site and no response. I tried calling, and his message phone is full. However his site is still up. I went on Etsy to find others who buy from him and a couple of them said they sent payment for orders, but the orders were not received. I have no idea what's going on with him. I've bought soap nets from a Chinese distributor, but they aren't as good. Have others here found a source?

Attachments

• soap net pic.jpeg
    soap net pic.jpeg
    49 KB · Views: 0
I went ahead and ordered elsewhere, even though I don't like the way any of the others work or are made. I don't know why Ian at Simply Body Soapnet doesn't put a message on his website if he's not in business anymore. I just placed a small order there just to see what happens. It went through. We'll see if I get it (and if my card is charged).

You can get these super cheap on Temu. They don't have the bobble on the end (just a knot) but they are five for $0.89 instead of 3 for $10.00! Free shipping with a minimum $15.00 order and they sell everything under the sun although I would not buy electronics or the like from them.

Just FYI, Temu is under investigation for being a knowing outlet for products made in forced labor camps. (The "re-education" camps Uighurs are sent to.) (Think about how things can be sold so very very cheaply there... ), as well as compromising the data of your whole phone if you use the app:

"Congress Spotlights Forced Labor Concerns With Chinese Shopping Sites Shein and Temu - The New York Times"
https://www.nytimes.com/2023/06/22/business/economy/shein-temu-forced-labor-china.html
"In a report released Thursday, the House Select Committee on the Chinese Communist Party said Temu, a rapidly growing site that sells electronics, makeup, toys and clothing, had failed “to maintain even the facade of a meaningful compliance program” for its supply chains and was likely shipping products made with forced labor into the United States on a “regular basis.”

"Temu Sued in Class Action for Risking User Data to Chinese Government Control | Law.com"
https://www.law.com/2023/11/07/chin...ything-on-your-phone/?slreturn=20231008131155

I bought these from Temu. They are junk. They are double layer, the one in my shower has flipped partially inside out and the knots won’t stay tied. I won’t even give them away.

Attachments

• IMG_6121.png
    IMG_6121.png
    3.1 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_6122.jpeg
    IMG_6122.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
Ok, OKAY, I've now ordered some soap bags from Temu! ... and ummm maybe a few other things... free shipping after all.
LOL, my favorite .99 store. I just put in two more orders to Temu...:D:D FB was showing an electric vacuum sealer for mason jars for $49 Temu $21 figured I would try it for $21 since my commercial-grade sealer is packed. Not everything is great quality so be aware.

Just FYI, Temu is under investigation for being a knowing outlet for products made in forced labor camps. (The "re-education" camps Uighurs are sent to.) (Think about how things can be sold so very very cheaply there... ), as well as compromising the data of your whole phone if you use the app:

"Congress Spotlights Forced Labor Concerns With Chinese Shopping Sites Shein and Temu - The New York Times"
https://www.nytimes.com/2023/06/22/business/economy/shein-temu-forced-labor-china.html
"In a report released Thursday, the House Select Committee on the Chinese Communist Party said Temu, a rapidly growing site that sells electronics, makeup, toys and clothing, had failed “to maintain even the facade of a meaningful compliance program” for its supply chains and was likely shipping products made with forced labor into the United States on a “regular basis.”

"Temu Sued in Class Action for Risking User Data to Chinese Government Control | Law.com"
https://www.law.com/2023/11/07/chin...ything-on-your-phone/?slreturn=20231008131155
No matter what today something will come up. Do you really think everything is legit here... nope I will not participate in any discussion here about this. I will mention that you need to worry more about what goes on here. Every time I send large sums of money to my daughter for emergencies I am threatened by my bank to close my account, and they already closed her account. Same bank. Tomorrow I have to wire a large sum for her treatment and US Bank will probably shut down my account. We cannot even control what we do with our own money in our country...worry about that. It is not like I ever bounced anything. They just do not like that I have moved large amounts in the last year. So I am supposed to worry about a few dollars spent at Temu... I think not

Rant over

Last edited:
No matter what today something will come up. Do you really think everything is legit here... nope I will not participate in any discussion here about this. I will mention that you need to worry more about what goes on here. Every time I send large sums of money to my daughter for emergencies I am threatened by my bank to close my account, and they already closed her account. Same bank. Tomorrow I have to wire a large sum for her treatment and US Bank will probably shut down my account. We cannot even control what we do with our own money in our country...worry about that. It is not like I ever bounced anything. They just do not like that I have moved large amounts in the last year. So I am supposed to worry about a few dollars spent at Temu... I think not

Rant over
People can and do have concern for more than one problem at a time.

And I'm at a loss as to how people deciding not to deal with a company that's likely selling slave goods has anything to do with your bank and the IRS or whoever.

I personally wouldn't want to find that my purchases enabled forced labor in any country. That kind of cheap is too costly for me.

And I thought that Not_Ally mightn't be aware of Temu's sketchy practices.

Enjoy your day.

Latest posts

Back