Where does everyone buy their labels from....

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lioness

Reaction score
I want to buy some labels for my soaps as presents and I would print them from my computer. I would like to have it glossy and waterproof, where does everyone get them from? I have seen some suppliers sell them but there must be a higher markup on them then getting them directly. Could someone point me in the right direction? I don't need alot it would be just for the Christmas presents and also I might be doing a shea butter creme too.
Thanks

Oh they would be going on to a cigar type band I will be making out of paper....

I make all my labels on my computer and have a lot of fun designing them on Microsoft Publisher. I don't sell yet- I just give away to family and friends, but I use Avery's 8 1/2 X 11 blank sheet labels (from Staples office supply) so I can customize them to be whatever size and shape I want.

After I print them out, I spray 3 coats of Krylon craft sealer on the sheets to give them a waterproof semi-glossy finish, and then I let dry before cutting them out.

IrishLass :)

I print mine on my computer, onto card stock letter size. I get 4 labels per sheet. My DH drew the logo, from a cute farm up the road from us. I would have preferred to use our property, and deer instead of horses, but he said: "but we aren't in 'the valley' and my logo says "Brooke Valley soap". Sheesh.

Here's one wrapper: I named it "Cool Lavender" cuz it has peppermint and eucalyptus with the lavender eo's. Great scent!

CoolLavender.JPG

I like IrishLass's idea to use Krylon spray, must get some.....cuz mine are not waterproof and smear when wet.

Woodi, I love the drawing. The scent sounds refreshing. The whole look is perfect.

I have mine printed on recycled glossy paper using soy ink.
They come in huge sheets, 6 labels per sheet. I cut them with a big paper cutter to make individual wrappers. It's a little more expensive than what I could do myself and sometimes I think I spend 40 hours a week cutting wrappers and wrapping soap, but I like the look.

I sent a similar wrapper, done on my home printer in the last swap, it was flat not glossy. I'm pretty sure that the ink puddled with moisture. I made the soaps for DD's wedding favors and didn't have time for the 21 day TAT glossy wrappers generally take.

4401531171_f60b003484_o.jpg

I purchase my full sheet, waterproof vinyl labels from papilio.com but they are matte finish. planetlabel.com is another good source, they have both glossy and matte.

weight of card stock

Woodi -
Do you happen to know the weight of the card stock. I have 110# card stock but it feels way to heavy to use for wrapping soap so I haven't even tried to print something on it. I saw a 65# at the office supply store but nothing much else between that and the 25# used in stationary.

Shelly

I use 65# card stock that looks like parchment paper and print cigar band labels, 4 to a sheet. Black ink on the parchment print looks vintage.

shdixx: not sure of the weight, but sometimes, instead of card stock - I often purchase what they call 'cover stock', which is thinner than the card stuff. Both work ok, but I prefer the cover stock. I will find out the weight for you and post back.

I created my labels using photoshop. Then, I email the file to a local printer who has really nice paper! I just have him print out sheets for me (4 labels to a page), and I cut them myself with a paper cutter. I wrap them around the soap- and glue. Ta-dah! Inexpensive and easy to edit if needed.

Latest posts

Back