Where can I find...?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AudreeCo

Reaction score
Where can I find some comprehensive information on carrier oils? I'm trying to break away from the familiarity of olive oil, coconut oil, cocoa and shea butters for my lotions, but I don't know where to find a complete source of information. Any help? And I apologize if this is in the wrong spot.

I would try google for a start. you could also search this forum.

Tasha, I did many searches on google, which usually landed me a (short) paragraph of the same repeating information. And when I did a search on the site, I clicked onto a thread that recommended swiftcraftymonkey's blog, which I think may be what I was looking for! However, to clarify and see if I can come up with different sources (I like to have a lot), I was looking for something similar to Essential Oil University, but with carrier oils. I was using search terms such as "avocado oil profile" "avocado oil properties" "carrier oil profiles" "fixed oil properties" etc. Avocado is just an example, I used the same terms with all of my oils. I'm running out of ideas on how to tweak my searches to get what I'm looking for. Any ideas?

if google's not doing it for you, i would just recommend swift's blog. most other sources are either inaccurate or piecemeal.

I didn't know about EO university. Is it the site at essentialoils.org ? I checked it and it does seem to have the EO composition, with very little additional info.

I'm running out of ideas on how to tweak my searches to get what I'm looking for. Any ideas?
You expend your any search based on your results. The search obviously needs to start with "avocado oil".

Add keywords for the more relevant results and negate them them to screen unwanted results.

Example for avocado:
http://www.paltita.com/en/health.html

Don't focus exclusively on the carrier oil matter. Also, properties can be inferred from the composition.

ILOVE swifts comparison chart! Also some suppliers give more info on some more exotic oils that swift doesn't cover. I want to say MMS (www.thesage.com) has info on the ones they sell. And I believe WSP has a chart of some of the more common ones..

Latest posts

Back