What's your favorite sandalwood blend?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BlackDog

Reaction score
I bought a bottle of Sandalwood FO from WSP, and it's been sitting around here a couple months. I've decided to put it to use - I'm going to split a batch and use straight sandalwood on half and (in case that is a little too "manly" smelling for me and I have to give all that to my husband) I'd like to try the other half in a blend of some kind. I've got lots of scents around to try, but what's your favorite blend?

ZANY’S CIN GIN PATCH - Guys love this soap in the shower!

1 part Clove EO + Cinnamon EO*
2 parts Cedarwood VA EO (to round off)
4 parts Sandlewood FO (Sub for Patchouli EO)
8 parts Ginger Essence (Origins Type) FO

**Mix 1 part Clove Bud EO + 3 parts Cinnamon Bark EO then add 1 part of this to the blend. Note: Mix up a batch of this blend and use it (with a light touch since both are "heaters" in soap and "sensitizers" for skin) whenever a blend calls for clove or cinnamon or both.

If you try it, let me know how you like it.

I love sandalwood and find it blends well with just about anything. One favorite is with neroli or orange blossom, add in a little of something fruity like pear, and if you have it a little champagne and/or Amber.

I like Crafters Choice Oakmoss and Sandalwood; it is a blend from WSP. Here is a good masculine blend that I got from Rainbow Meadows, 3 parts sandalwood, 1 part myrrh, 1 part frankincense, 1 part patchouli. I use essential oils for everything except the sandalwood in that blend. Sandalwood EO is so expensive that I use a good sandalwood FO in the blend.

I bought a bottle of Sandalwood FO from WSP, and it's been sitting around here a couple months. I've decided to put it to use - I'm going to split a batch and use straight sandalwood on half and (in case that is a little too "manly" smelling for me and I have to give all that to my husband) I'd like to try the other half in a blend of some kind. I've got lots of scents around to try, but what's your favorite blend?

I just discovered this blend from Google:
1. Sandalwood 65%
2. Patchouli 16%
3. Frankincense 16%
4. Jasmine/Ylang 3%
Made a HP facial soap and fallen in love with it.

I just discovered this blend from Google:
1. Sandalwood 65%
2. Patchouli 16%
3. Frankincense 16%
4. Jasmine/Ylang 3%
Made a HP facial soap and fallen in love with it.
Awesome! Thanks for sharing it! If you don't mind and it isn't too much trouble, could you post the link where you found it?

I like Crafters Choice Oakmoss and Sandalwood; it is a blend from WSP. Here is a good masculine blend that I got from Rainbow Meadows, 3 parts sandalwood, 1 part myrrh, 1 part frankincense, 1 part patchouli. I use essential oils for everything except the sandalwood in that blend. Sandalwood EO is so expensive that I use a good sandalwood FO in the blend.
I also like this fragrance but apparently my customers do not :( so I am using it up for us

http://essentialoilsanctuary.com/6-...-essential-oil-plus-recipes-application-tips/
This is where I got the recipe from. Go to Sandalwood Body Lotion. The amount is in drops and I calculated in percentage.
Terrific Site! I'm going back when I have more time to peruse.
Thanks.gif

Back