Sandalwood

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I had a coworker ask me to make some sandalwood soaps for her husband. She wants three. Trying to decide on a size batch.

I personally LOVE sandalwood. It is definitely my absolute essential oil. Because of price I just spent a small fortune on a teenie tiny bottle, just to have it. Its probably not even enough to use in a diffuser. Do you find that a lot of people like sandalwood, or is it like patchouli...either you love it or despise it.

Just got my delivery for sandalwood fo and I am trying to decide if I should go all out and make a bigger batch with my slab mold, or just use my 8 bar mold.

Do you find that customers/friends/family really like sandalwood, or just a select few, like patchouli?

While sandalwood isn't as polarizing as patchouli, I find that there is still some stigma of it being 'stinky hippie incense', lol!
I use Oregon Trails' Mysore Sandalwood FO (which is amazing!) and named the soap "Chandana" which is Sanskrit for sandalwood. More than once I've had customers who said that they wouldn't have even picked up the bar to smell it if they had known it was a sandalwood scent, but they loved AND bought it!

Latest posts

Back