What's in your soap pot? June 12-14th

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tabitha

Reaction score
I made sugar scrubs in:

Mango Sorbet
Lemon Meringue
Love Spell
Sweetest Vanilla

I'm doing a little research and hope to try my first salt bar over the weekend!

I bought some small silicone bar molds yesterday so I don't have to worry about when I need to cut it. :)

Jude

smart! ;)

I like doing it that way too. they come out so smooth looking :D

I tested some new palm oil yesterday night in a testbatch with CO and OO - seems ok, tried a left over ball and it lathered already.
As I don't have much "masculine" scented soaps, I added Bay Rum FO ...nice enough.

Sill trying to complete my share for a swap; wanted to add some little goodies - almost ready.

A lot of ideas, including whiskey soap, another beer soap, have to think about labeling.
A few more weeks and school is out! Yeah!

I don't usually soap on a weekend - too many people underfoot! However I decided I really, really want to soap today, so they can all just deal with it :lol:

My soap will be a test batch for a new recipe including Green Tea extract & Kiwifruit pulp....not sure where that combo came from - I just woke up one morning with it in my head and it won't go away :wink:

Tanya :)

DH is gone this weekend so I'm drinking my homemade wine and soaping like a mad woman! :D

I'm making some HP soaps this weekend due to my lack of planning for Father's day and my mom's birthday next weekend. I put a new recipe together and made my mom some Love Spell scented pink soap. I used flower molds and they are so cute.

Then I rebatched some HP soap, colored it blue and scented it with Cool Water. The FO just isn't grabbing me.

I also rebatched a bar of unscented coffee soap and added Autumn Harvest FO to it (cinnamon type of scent). Now I think I will actually use it since it really does remove odor.

Next is HP oatmeal milk and honey soap. I'm experimenting with goat milk powder. Then a green soap for Dad's scented with Woodlands and finally a shave bar scented with Bay Rum and Lime. I'll be using goat's milk and white clay with that. These are just 1 lb batches and so much fun!

Hopefully no screw ups this weekend! 8)

i made "nag champa" it was supposed to be brick red , turned our kinda purply?! oh well.

Well, I made an unscented natural calendula soap that I just unmolded, and I've been working on my "Foot Spa" set. Here's some pix in various stages of completion...

footset4.jpg

footset2.jpg

There will be some changes. The ribbon probably needs to be modified in some way, because it's not really cost effective, they get smooshed in shipping boxes and they're an all-around pain in my ass. Second, the label on the butter is not the final label. It's just a temp that I stuck on there for label's sake. I also want metal lids on the soak. If I wanna get REALLY anal - I hate that the stickers say "homemade" and not "handmade"...lol. If I can just figure out how to ship these puppies without melted butter, I'll be all set. I'm really happy with how the soak and the butter came out. Feels awesome. :D

LJA said:
Well, I made an unscented natural calendula soap that I just unmolded, and I've been working on my "Foot Spa" set. Here's some pix in various stages of completion...

footset4.jpg

footset2.jpg

There will be some changes. The ribbon probably needs to be modified in some way, because it's not really cost effective, they get smooshed in shipping boxes and they're an all-around pain in my ass. Second, the label on the butter is not the final label. It's just a temp that I stuck on there for label's sake. I also want metal lids on the soak. If I wanna get REALLY anal - I hate that the stickers say "homemade" and not "handmade"...lol. If I can just figure out how to ship these puppies without melted butter, I'll be all set. I'm really happy with how the soak and the butter came out. Feels awesome. :D

maybe just leave the ribbon on the socks and take it off the outer box? most people care about what is in the box and the box does look pretty even with out the outer ribbon.

I got lucky! My dh is taking the kids fishing tomorrow so I get to soap.

I'm going to make a banana oatmeal & some doggy soap. I'll be lucky if I have time to get them done.

Latest posts

Back