What's good with Lemon-Eucalyptus?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
On another note, Lemon Eucalyptus Essential Oil is an excellent mossie (mosquito) repellent!
Use rate: 10% in spray body mist.
Spray bottle should be able to withstand a high % of essential oil. I use the metallic ones.

SHORT STORY
When my nephew got married in Rio, Brazil, they rented a Villa that housed 25 guests. The mosquito population that year was wicked and there were many cases of dengue fever. I sent along 25 bottles of the spray, one for each of the guests. When the event was over, my sister gave her bottle to the host who was leaving on a trip up the Amazon. He was so grateful. Could not thank her enough. Very effective -- stronger than Deet according to the EPA/CDC and safe for children and pets. Long lasting too -- 5-6 hours,

I'm sorry I don't have access to all the research I did. When I got my new iMac, I lost a lot of info (in Apple Works) when it didn't transfer over to Pages. :(

LE Front.JPG

LE Back.JPG

ETA: The words "Oil of Lemon Eucalyptus" above is not correct. That is a synthetic that was developed after the essential oil became well-known as a repellant. It is used in a well-known commercial spray. The EO is what I use at the 10% rate according to the EPA/CDC.

It is a very long-lasting scent. It contains more citronella than citronella. I put some on a cotton ball near the light bulb halfway down the basement stairs. It has a pleasant lemon mint scent. I could smell it for at least a year because it was so refreshing that I left it where it was for a long time.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back