What's good with Lemon-Eucalyptus?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have a new bottle of lemon eucalyptus EO to try out. I'm thinking one other EO in there might be good, but I don't want to use spearmint because I've made a few minty soaps lately so want to do something different. Any thoughts? I have lavender here, and rosemary (which I'm not a fan of TBH - every time I make soap with it I remind myself never to use it again). Hit me with your best suggestions!

I'm interested as I was given some of this recently. I haven't made much minty lately, so that's a good thought - especially for summer. I'm not a fan of cucumber FO, but if you are that might work. Litsea and lavender if sticking with EO. Something woody? I don't know 🤔

What essential oils do you have? This is for next time as it sounds like the soap has probably been made, lol. As the lemon will be the "top" note, you could mix with spicy and woody oils, ginger, lemon eucalyptus and patchouli or it can uplift some of the "rosy" oils, like geranium and palmarosa. If you want to get really complicated, ginger, geranium, cedarwood and lemon eucalyptus ;)

I haven't used ho wood but looking at it's scent profile, it's slightly spicy, which would be nice. I presume you weigh out the oils?

😁 I would probably up the ho wood so the cedarwood doesn't overpower. 15% Ho, 15% cedarwood. Do you have enough ho wood?

No, lol. Being an Aromatherapist/massage therapist I'm usually looking for therapeutic effect and then smell, lol. I did make a mix the other day when lemongrass overpowered my peppermint, blow me down with a feather 😁

Here ya go then:
EE1B8B22-5D33-4090-BEB7-B2B3905CE0B3.jpeg
I used 20g lemon eucalyptus, 7g cedarwood and 7g Ho Leaf (as it turns out, not wood). Smells really nice from someone who is not a fan of eucalyptus.
I did a spoon swirl a la @JoyfulSudz .

Here ya go then:
View attachment 57436
I used 20g lemon eucalyptus, 7g cedarwood and 7g Ho Leaf (as it turns out, not wood). Smells really nice from someone who is not a fan of eucalyptus.
I did a spoon swirl a la @JoyfulSudz .
I love your colors! I just unmolded a gardener's soap with eucalyptus, tea tree and cedarwood. It "grows" on you 😂 I can't wait to see your soap after it's been cut!

Great way to use your lemon eucalyptus and rosemary add them both with some Orange Blossom. If you go with just orange blossom and eucalyptus add 50% of each.

Or..
35% peppermint
35% lemon eucalyptus
20% Lavender
10% Rosemary
Eucalyptus must be like Vegemite? It's extremely popular down here.... an acquired taste....
Lemon eucalyptus blends well with lavender, orange and other citrus, basil, clove, any of the other eucalyptus oils, fragonia, frankincense, kunzea, geranium, gingers... it blends beautifully with lemon myrtle, Melissa (true Melissa not the adulterated stuff). I love adding it at a smaller percentage to Japanese Mint, Lemon Myrtle, Clary Sage, May Chang and Lemon.

you said you didn't want mint ones but lemony top notes that it has is really awesome in a minty citrus blend.

It blends lovely with our Aussie Natives. Blue Wattle seed extract and eucalyptus is popular! I have a whole list of natives that blend beautifully with eucalyptus but unless you're in Australia there's really no point telling you as they are expensive and even more so internationally. But one of the most popular soap blends I have (as I said maybe it is like Vegemite 🤣😂) but is this:
30% Emerald Cypress
20% Lemon Eucalyptus
15% Blue Gum Eucalyptus
15% Lemon Myrtle
15% Niaouli
05% Sandalwood

Great way to use your lemon eucalyptus and rosemary add them both with some Orange Blossom. If you go with just orange blossom and eucalyptus add 50% of each.

Or..
35% peppermint
35% lemon eucalyptus
20% Lavender
10% Rosemary
Eucalyptus must be like Vegemite? It's extremely popular down here.... an acquired taste....
Lemon eucalyptus blends well with lavender, orange and other citrus, basil, clove, any of the other eucalyptus oils, fragonia, frankincense, kunzea, geranium, gingers... it blends beautifully with lemon myrtle, Melissa (true Melissa not the adulterated stuff). I love adding it at a smaller percentage to Japanese Mint, Lemon Myrtle, Clary Sage, May Chang and Lemon.

you said you didn't want mint ones but lemony top notes that it has is really awesome in a minty citrus blend.

It blends lovely with our Aussie Natives. Blue Wattle seed extract and eucalyptus is popular! I have a whole list of natives that blend beautifully with eucalyptus but unless you're in Australia there's really no point telling you as they are expensive and even more so internationally. But one of the most popular soap blends I have (as I said maybe it is like Vegemite 🤣😂) but is this:
30% Emerald Cypress
20% Lemon Eucalyptus
15% Blue Gum Eucalyptus
15% Lemon Myrtle
15% Niaouli
05% Sandalwood
Love my vegemite ( with lots of butter, on toast)

@KiwiMoose, looks lovely. I’m a fan of Rosemary, if you‘re keen, I’ll swap it for you with another essential oil if you like ;)
Thanks Susie - but I only have half a wee bottle left so it's not really worth it. I still use it very sparingly in blends sometimes.

Love my vegemite ( with lots of butter, on toast)
Off topic I know:
We used to be a Vegemite house then we discovered some actual Australian owned competitors. Think Dick Smith kinda started a trend with his version years ago. But, gotta admit AussieMite and Everymite give the good ol' Vegemite and Promite/Marmite a run for their money. We tend to use lots of the AussieMite stuff and the "vegan" "fodmap" Everymite in our house. I reckon the Everymite tastes more like Vegemite and the AussieMite is like a cross between Marmite and Promite. 🤣😂

Latest posts

Back