What was an "AHA" moment for you, in learning how to soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Test new ideas, even if *everyone* says it won't work test it in a small batch. Vinegar added to soap. I thought of it and looked it up on a forum, *everyone* said NOOOOOOOO it won't work!

I bet it would if you do it right.
It does. One of my favourite hand soaps is made with apple cider vinegar instead of water.

The other day...... About saving the FO bottles for when I mix blends. I am so used to heavy recycling around here that I just didn't think !
Where is the face slap Duhuoi emoji lol

The other day...... About saving the FO bottles for when I mix blends. I am so used to heavy recycling around here that I just didn't think !
Where is the face slap Duhuoi emoji lol

I had that face slap last week too when I was rummaging for a container to hold 2oz of FO/EO blend, but I wasn't sure how long it would be until I got to soapmaking with it so I didn't even want to try plastic. Suddenly remembered the empties waiting to go to the bin. Covered existing label with painters tape and relabeled it with a sharpie. Problem solved.

My AHA moment came last week after 6 years of making soap, that I could avoid the risk of partial gelling completely by just popping all of my soap into the freezer. I've been making 100% percent goat milk soap for a long time and it just never occurred to me that I could freeze water based soap as well!

Back