What to blend with Vetiver?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm just learning how to use it. So far I've blended it with conifer and citrus blends. A little goes a long way (a good thing, given the price). I use it to support blends when I want a hint of smokiness rather than the earthy quality patchouli brings.

Hope this helps. I'm still a blending novice.

If you're at a loss, you could always send it to me. :wink:

Thank you, lsg, I did try there! I usually go there first, but none of the blends I found interested me. That's why I asked here! Thanks for your input.

There was a company in the US called warm spirit. I don't think the business exists as it had before. Anyway, they had a blend of vetiver and sandalwood with hints of vanilla that was to die for. I loved it. Then they changed something in the formulation and it smelled like motor oil to me. I've been trying to recreate the magic but even a small amount of vetiver is quite intense....

I tried blending equal parts sandalwood, vanilla and vetiver. I wasn't too pleased, so I added an equal part bergamot and the fragrance changed completely to something I really like. I haven't tried this blend in soap yet, you might want to give it a try using the Q-Tip test method.

Back